Sadashiv or Chandan?

"Matashree, this is the final list of girls/ women who are willing to learn medicine and more about herbs" Vedangi handed the palm leaf to Sudeshna, who frowned. "Only 10! Bhairav, did you announce that a Vaidyaa from Shivi is going to come here to teach them?" Sudeshna asked Shvet's personal aide Bhairav, "Yes.. Yes maharani. But this is the list just from the capital city. The message would be reaching frontiers till tomorrow and I believe more women would join" he answered. Sudeshna nodded half - heartedly, "Putravadhu, after these women arrive, ask Uma to make arrangements for their accomodation and food. You orient them about the two week session and supervise everything, okay?" She asked Vedangi, who nodded positively.

Sudeshna was very passionate about medicines and herbs in her teen years, but after her marriage she had to take administration of the kingdom in her hands. But that did not distance her from medicines, she encouraged people from the kingdom who wished to become Vaidya or Vaidyaa and every alternate year, she would invite someone to educate such enthusiastic people more about medicines. And this year, she had invited a Vaidyaa from Shivi, but the low response from people made her disheartened.

"Matashree, I wished to go temple today, may I?" Vedangi asked slowly. "Putravadhu, you would enter your third trimester in few days, it's not good to roam around. What if anyone casts evil eye on you or the child?" Sudeshna replied. "Matashree, I will remain careful, I will step out of palanquin only in front of the temple and would not stop anywhere else" Vedangi tried her best to convince as she craved to feel fresh air on her face and spend some time alone. Sudeshna glanced at Shvet, who was sitting right in front of her. Shvet blinked twice indicating a yes, "Okay fine, you may go, but you would have to take my personal bodyguard, Sadashiv with you, okay?" Vedangi smiled and nodded positively.

Everyone in the palace had grown more protective about her, ever since she had became pregnant. Sometimes, she disliked how someone would always be around her and she would have to take permission from Vaidyaa or Sudeshna before going out. But other times, she enjoyed the attention she received and how her every craving was satisfied. "I will send Sadashiv in your palace after an hour" Sudeshna rose on her feet and the meeting which included just four of them was dismissed.
************************************
"You tell your friends too that this session is going to be helpful and they would learn more about medicines. If they perform well, they may even get employment under Raj vaidya, okay?" Vedangi was talking to Ardhika on their way back to the former's chamber. Commotion near Shvet's palace made them halt, Vedangi asked Ardhika to enquire what was the commotion about. "Yuvrani, he is Ratnakar mahoday the head of department that looks after need of migrants. He is saying that Yuvraj had asked him to meet Bhairav, but he doesn't have any letter from Yuvraj" Ardhika informed Vedangi.

"Take him to the visiting hall of my palace and inform Yuvraj and Bhairav about him" Vedangi answered. On asked the reason of his visit, Ratnakar informed Vedangi about the meet between him and Shvet and injustice happening with the migrants. Vedangi was shaken! So much was happening in the palace and the kingdom and she knew nothing about it. "Did Yuvraj visit place your last week?" She asked and Ratnakar nodded positively. Vedangi remembered how disturbed and stressed Shvet was , when he returned after the visit. But how could he hide such a big thing from her!

She was lost in her thoughts when the guard announced Shvet's arrival. He looked guilty, Vedangi rose on her feet and glared at him. She wanted to confront him, but stopped herself as a guest, their subject was present in the same room. "We will talk on this after I return from the temple" she murmured and left the hall angrily. She went to her palace instead of going to their private chamber, which was enough to tell Shvet how angry she was. "How does this Chandan look like?" Shvet sat with Ratnakar enquiring more.
************************************
"Sadashiv Mahoday, since when are you personal angrakshak of matashree?" Vedangi asked as she, Ardhika and Sadashiv walked out of her palace towards the palanquin that were kept ready for her. "I am with her since she was a teenager and came with her after her marriage" Sadashiv replied smiling and parted the curtain of palanquin for Vedangi. Vedangi was about to sit in the palanquin, when she saw Ratnakar leaving Shvet's palace. Vedangi stepped down palanquin and towards him, to enquire whether his work was done or not, Sadashiv and Ardhika followed her. As they walked towards Ratnakar, Ardhika noticed Sadashiv trying to hide his face and looking elsewhere.

"Ratnakar mahoday? Done with your work? Had talk with Yuvraj?" Vedangi asked but noticed Ratnakar was continuously looking behind her, where Sadashiv was standing. "Any issue mahoday?" She asked. "Chandan! He is Chandan. The person who came with gold coins" Ratnakar replied looking at Sadashiv. "Who Chandan? I am angrakshak of Maharani, Sadashiv. I don't know any Chandan" Sadashiv protested, and Vedangi too tried to explain him. "I swear on Mahadev, Yuvrani, he is Chandan" Ratnakar said, pinching his throat.

After hearing this, Sadashiv tried to run, but Vedangi pulled out her dagger that was tied near her waistband and placed it near Sadashiv's neck. "If you are not at fault, then why are you trying to run Sadashiv?" Hearing the commotion, Bhairav came out from Shvet's palace to check and Vedangi immediately ordered him to take Sadashiv to Shvet.
************************************
Hey, my lovely readers, the next part is here.
Hope you all liked reading it, do let me know through your comments ❤️.