The welcome

Shvet caressed his son's black smooth hair and held him more close to his heart. Vedangi was standing besides him in the chariot, holding Lakshmana's hand for support. She had grown quite weak after their son's birth and to add on, the injury on her leg, she was finding it difficult to even stand.

"Maharaj Virat aur Maharani Sudeshna ke pautra! Yuvraj Shvet aur Yuvrani Meenakshi ke Putra! Matsya Desh ke naye Rajkumar padhar rahe hai!!!"

The guard announced as their chariot entered the palace compund. Shvet gazed softly at Vedangi,as she greeted all the subjects, who had to get a glimpse of their baby. The palace that was covered with clouds of worry of the war was shining brightly once again. Celebrating the arrival of the rajkumar.

Shvet was hyper vigilant, regarding the safety of his child. He kept scanning the crowd continuously for some potential danger. Vedangi nudged his arm, raising her eyebrows, questioning 'what?'. He nodded negatively and passed an assuring smile, gazing towards the crowd again.

Sudeshna, Virat, Shvetketu, Uma, Shankh, Uttara, Uttar, Keechak whole family waited at the threshold of the palace to welcome the baby. Shvet covered the baby's face with the silk cloth, so that no one lays any evil eye on him. The movement woke him up and Vedangi cooed him in her arms to silent his cries.

Sudeshna gazed affectionately at her son and grandson. She and Uma circled the aarti thali around Shvet Vedangi and their child five times, showered rice and flowers over them and welcomed the baby in 'his' home for the very first time. Tears of happiness sparkled in Vedangi's eyes as the family overflowed with happiness. Uma took the baby from her arms, introducing him to his family.

"I am your cho-ti Pi-ta-ma-hi!" She spoke in baby like voice. Soon everyone got busy talking with the baby, introducing themselves to him, appreciating his features. Shvet gazed at them all affectionately, this smile and happiness on his family's face was what he had always craved and indeed strived for!

"Aree bhrata, remember I was saying it's going to be a boy!" Shankh exclaimed and pulled Shvet in the small gathering. The family laughed, giggled, cheered forgetting all worries, just except one person who kept flashing fake smile but had evil intentions in mind.
************************************
"We are not two anymore, we are three" Vedangi linked her arm with Shvet's as they entered their chamber. The five day old baby was trying his best to open his eyes and gaze around the chamber. Vedangi cooed him in her arms, fed him and finally put him to sleep in the cradle, designed for him especially. She rested her head on the headboard of the bed as the physical pain and stress was taking over.

"You seem too tired" Shvet asked sitting besides her, Vedangi nodded and inhaled a deep breath. He pulled her close and she rested her head on his shoulder. "I can't still digest the fact that we are parents!" They both giggled and she linked their arms lovingly.
"I can't wait to tell him how met! How we secretly kept meeting. How we fought for our love and here we are!"

"When we would go to hastinapur, we would show him the corridor, where we first collided. The temple we secretly met, where I prayed for a child!" She confessed. "You prayed in that ganpati temple for a child?" He questioned and she nodded positively.

"You would have told me instead of telling God! We would have tried hard" Vedangi hit his arm, shocked at his boldness. Their laughter echoed in the chamber. Just few seconds later, their laughter was replaced with the baby's cries. "I can't!" Vedangi whined, tired with everything.

"Aree! Wait wait I would call someone" Shvet laughed and called Bhargavi.
************************************
Vedangi bit her nails anxiously as she heard her baby's cries. Even though Supriya was massaging her head, her mind was focused on her baby. Uma was tying him tightly in a cloth, but he wanted to move more freely. "Sorry kakishree but is it really necessary to tie him so tightly?" Vedangi asked, concerned. Supriya and Uma exchanged glances, "Vashu, if he is not tied tightly after an oil massage how would his arms and legs grow strong?". Vedangi nodded half convinced, just like any new mother.

Ardhika was sitting besides Uma, helping her tie baby. "I have heard my mother say, oil massage is very important for baby's growth, right?"she asked, taking baby in her arms, cooing him. Supriya nodded positively at her question, "Putravadhu, she is also of marriagable age na? Why aren't you thinking of getting her married?" Uma asked pointing at Ardhika, who blushed. "She is your sakhi na? It's your job to get her married!" Supriya insisted.

"Okay! You both help me find a good groom for her and then we would get her married" Vedangi shrugged, taking baby from Ardhika's arms and placing him on her lap. He seemed so small and fragile, Shvet was always too careful around him. "Look she is blushing so much" Supriya giggled. Lakshmana too giggled from corner of the room.

"Lakshi,you are giggling too much. Don't forget it's your swayamwar in next 4 months" Lakshmana exchanged a glance with Vedangi and lowered her gaze with shyness. "During your swayamwar, I would tease you so much that your cheeks would turn red" Vedangi winked. "Taking some kind of revenge?" Lakshmana asked, still blushing. "I remember very well how much you teased me during and before my wedding" Vedangi wriggled her eyebrows. "I helped you to meet jij-" lakshmana stopped midway, biting her tongue. Vedangi glared, she was about to reveal about her and Shvet's secret meets.

"Aree lakshi continue. We all know vashu and yuvraj used to meet secretly in some temple" Supriya said, making Vedangi hide her face in her palms. Uma, lakshmana, Ardhika all burst into laughter. "Priyaai! Why are you teasing me! I am already married for three years and mother of a child! Tease lakshmana now!" Vedangi whined.

"What's happening here, this late night? You all are so loud. Did you forget the naming ceremony is tomorrow?" Shvet entered the chamber rubbing his eyes. He took baby from Vedangi's arms and held him close. "I wonder how he remained so quiet amidst all your chaos" baby put his small pink tongue out and smiled a little as if trying to tease Shvet.

Shvet frowned and all the women burst into laughter once again.
************************************