Upcoming threat

"Flag of Kunlinda!" Shankh exclaimed as he saw Shvet holding the flag, Shvet turned facing him. The event that happened almost a year ago flashed in front of their mind, how Sudeshna had fixed Shvet's second marriage with princess of Kulinda, how Shvet and the princess declined to marry each other and how the Yuvraj of Kulinda had promised that he would seek revenge for the insult to his sister. "They did it to seek revenge!" They both exchanged glances.

"Shankh! Yuvraj! Look what we found" Chitrasen forwarded a letter, Shvet opened it hurriedly and read it aloud.

Our sister's insult would never be forgiven

At the end of the letter, was the seal of Yuvraj of Kunlinda, proving that the letter was indeed sent by him . Everyone present there exchanged concerned glances. The image of his pregnant wife flashed in front of Shvet's eyes and he held his head in despair.
************************************
It took five days for them to settle the chaos in the village, provide first aid to the villagers, help them start their business again, compensate for the loss of property and many other things. It was their last night in Chandrapur. Shankh was tasting the food prepared by the villagers, sitting beside a bonfire, warming himself.

"Taking all the warmth alone huh" Sambh patted his back and settled besides him. "No one stopped you Rajkumar" Shankh rose on his feet and dusted his angavastra, ignoring the hurt expression on Sambh's face. "Enough is enough! I am trying to talk to you from past week and you are ignoring without any reason, this is not done" Sambh stood facing Shankh, hurt in his eyes now replaced by anger. "Just how you hid your and Lakshmana's love from me" Shankh twitched his mouth and walked near his tent, while Sambh watched him, amused.

"Is that what bothers you? Why?" Sambh faced Shankh again, gaining attention of Chitrasen and Shvet who were having a discussion in tent. "Because I too loved her! If you would have told me earlier, I wouldn't have confessed in front of her and received insult in return! It would have prevented my heartbreak Rajkumar Sambh! Wait, you did it deliberately, because making fun of me was always your favourite hobby" Shankh took a step close to Sambh angrily, while the later took a step behind equally angry.

"I am the prince of Dwarka! I never explain myself to anyone, but just because I considered you a brother at some point of my life, let me tell you, that I wasn't aware of your love for my preyasi!" Sambh replied gritting his teeth. 'my preyasi' hurt Shankh a bit more and the two grown men were centimetres away from pouncing on each other. "You call me brother and hid such a huge fact from me? I still remember the smiles and giggles of the servants who heard me confess and she reject! A prince was insulted that day!"

"Enough! Enough of you both" Shvet held their shoulders and seperated them. "In my tent right now" he entered his tent followed by Vrishasen, while Sambh and Shankh kept glancing at each other.
************************************
"Shankh! I want you to accept the truth that, Lakshmana loves Sambh and not you! And stop fighting within yourselves" Shvet spoke angrily, Shankh and Sambh sat on the couch their gazes lowered. "We are on the outskirts of our kingdom, where we have a new  enemy warning us of revenge. Citizens are looking at us with hope and what example are we setting in front of them by arguing between ourselves!"

All three of them were taken aback by Shvet's demeanour, as he rarely got this angry. He paced in the tent, in frustration, arms locked behind his back. "Yuvraj, you need to calm down first, have a sip of water" Vrishasen held Shvet's shoulder, like an elder brother. Shvet took some deep breaths and then gazed at Shankh and Sambh, who sat with their heads lowered, like young kids, who were getting scolded by mother.

The anger in his eyes vanished and was replaced with love. He sighed and sat between them. "Look both of you, we are not related by blood, but we are brothers right? We are a family, right?" He asked resting his arms across their shoulders, Sambh and Shankh nodded positively.

"Then brothers never fight amongst themselves. They fight along with each other against enemy" Vrishasen said sitting on the opposite side of the couch. "Brothers have each other's back no matter what the situation is. They love each other always, right?" Shvet continued.

Sambh and Shankh side hugged him instinctively. "Sorry Bhrata" "Sorry Jyesth, I won't repeat my mistake" they apologised, making both Shvet and Vrishasen grin. "That's like my brothers" Shvet pulled them both in a group hug and Vrishasen joined the hug from other side.

"Ehm.. Ehmm.. what's happening here?" Shvetketu and Shon asked, standing near the entrance of the tent. "Are you all done with your hugging etc or shall we call your wives to seperate you all?" All four of them seperated immediately. Loud whine of "Kakashree!" Could be heard from the tent, followed by waves of laughter.
***********************************
Hey, my lovely readers the next part is here, hope you'll liked reading it.
What do you think about the bond between the boys?
Do let me know through your comments, they are much important for me ❤️.