Chapter Eleven: Gringotts Wizarding Bank

SEPTEMBER 1, 1997 – Gringotts Wizarding Bank

After Severus's confession to Harry while at Bill and Fleur's wedding, they spent nearly every day together, with Harry keeping much of his belongings at Prince Hall. Harry had fallen in love with the Prince family home, and Severus indirectly informed Harry that he and Severus would be living there together one day. Harry didn't want to push, but was pleased that Gwen had continued to smooth things over with Sirius, paving the way for Harry to spend as much time over there as possible.

Harry and Ron met for tea at The Leaky Cauldron on the first of September; Ron had had an introductory meeting that the Ministry of Magic that morning, regarding the Auror Academy, and so he'd been unable to see Draco and Ginny off at Kings Cross. Harry had gone in his stead to wish them luck, and Draco had confided that he'd asked for Arthur and Molly's blessing to propose to Ginny, once they were about to leave for France, and the Weasley patriarch and matriarch had given him permission to do so. Draco had proposed at the villa, in front of Bill, Fleur, Ron, and Hermione, asking Bill and Fleur if it would be all right beforehand, and they had both said yes. Ginny, over the moon, proudly wore the silver ring, with the large emerald surrounded by diamonds, ever since them, loudly proclaiming her love for Draco and informing him that she would adore becoming his wife.

Harry knew that Ron was a bit miffed about his only sister becoming engaged at sixteen, but there wasn't much he could do about it. Hermione was on board, squealing the entire time and rushing in to be the first one to hug Ginny; Bill clapped Draco on the back and kissed Ginny's forehead, while Fleur kissed both Ginny and Draco on both cheeks. Everyone knew that Ginny would likely best Ron in a duel, and would keep him away from Draco in the meantime, and it wasn't as if Ginny's family opposed the match.

After half an hour of discussing the engagement, Hermione's tentative wedding plans and her class load, as well as Ron's meeting earlier that day, they put their allotted Galleons upon the tabletop and waved goodbye to Tom. Ron was going to Hermione's parents' house to keep her company that day, as well as to do some reading, while Harry was meeting Severus at Gringotts to go over his wizarding inheritance. He had asked Severus to come with him on one of his many days at Prince Hall, and Severus, although shocked, had consented.

Harry had grinned at the man. "I already know I want to be with you for the rest of my life, and I know about your assets. Who's to say you can't learn about mine?"

Harry climbed the stairs of Gringotts and headed inside directly, looking around the opulent lobby area and grinning as he saw Severus waiting for him. Crossing the room on the highly-polished floor, he ran the rest of the way, his heart pounding as Severus immediately wrapped his arms around him, and moved to kiss his forehead. Harry, having none of that, moved his head to kiss his lips, and Severus was shocked.

"I don't want to keep us private," Harry said softly. "If you do, then that's a different story. But I want the whole world to know you're mine and I'm yours."

Severus smiled, leaning down to kiss Harry again. "Very well, then."

Harry nuzzled closer into the man's arms. "Thank you for coming with me today."

"Well, when you presented the argument that you're aware of my financial background, as well as the Prince properties, I could hardly say no," Severus replied. "How did Sirius take it when he found out you asked me to accompany you?"

"He took it well," Harry replied. "He and Gwen are staying in Wales."

"With the Jones family?" Severus wanted to know.

Harry nodded, peeking up at the man. "Yeah. I think Gwen likes the fact that, now that she's retired from Quidditch, that her family wants them to have a baby."