Chapter Thirteen: Bella Ristorante

DECEMBER 31, 1997 – Bella Ristorante

The Christmas holidays had been positively grand, with Harry getting a Cruppy from Sirius, and, although Severus claimed not to want to deal with 'another mutt', he had all but fallen in love with the little thing, whom Harry had named Jupiter. Jupiter and Hedwig surprisingly got along very well, and Harry was relieved to learn such a thing. Alongside Jupiter had been a lovely pendant that Severus had presented him with a black obsidian amulet for protection, of which Severus had its mate, and Harry vowed never to take it off. Leaving Jupiter in Draco and Ginny's care was a bit overwhelming, especially when Severus produced an International Portkey, and told Harry to pack his bags at once.

They landed down gracefully (which may have had something to do with Severus holding onto him the entire time) at Harry's villa in Sicily, and Harry beamed at his lover. Harry had had one plan and one plan only for the Christmas holidays—seduce Severus Snape. Now, given that they were in one of the most romantic countries in the world, his plan would likely come to fruition, especially when no one else was about. They settled in quickly, with Severus reminding Harry about the one-hour time difference, and they would have to get to the Wizarding District soon, as they had reservations at the best wizarding Italian restaurant on offer.

"Sounds as if you were doing research, professor," Harry said, smirking over his shoulder as he began putting his things away in the master bedroom.

Severus grinned, crossing his arms, having already unpacked due to magic. "I can never surprise you anymore, can I, Mr. Potter?"

Harry grinned. "Perhaps, perhaps not."

After leaving the villa, Harry permitted Severus to pull them into an alleyway not too far away, and they Disapparated. When they popped into being once again, Harry took in the impressive sights of Quattro Canti; once Hermione had gotten the lists of where his ancestral properties were, she surprised him with wizarding books on the subject, so as Harry would know where the entrances to the Wizarding Districts were, as well as the best places to visit, shop, and eat were located. Severus led them towards a beautiful and ancient-looking stone building, which boasted a stone wall beside it. As they stepped closer, a door appeared in the wall, invisible to the Muggles around them, and they slipped inside of it, with it creaking shut behind them as they found themselves in the Wizarding Square of Italy.

"Welcome to Palazzo Strada, Harry," Severus said fondly.

Harry looked around, very impressed with the sights around him. The grand stone architecture was very much the same as it had been in Quattro Canti, although Harry could sense the ancient magic woven into each stone set, which likely could have been centuries ago. He snuggled beneath Severus's arm as the man walked down the cobblestone streets with him, the waves of the Tyrrhenian Sea lapping gently at the stone walls surrounding the area. Harry and Severus veered off after a few minutes of walking, and Harry was led to a black arbor, with white lilies woven around it, and into a beautiful courtyard with a small, bubbling fountain on one side, and large windows showcasing the inside of the restaurant.

Severus led the inside the establishment, where a maître d' was dressed elegantly in formal, yet lightweight robes, due to the unseasonably warm evening.

"Good evening, sirs," the maître d' said eloquently, in heavily accented English. "Do you have a table reserved with us this evening?"

"The table is for Snape," Severus said to the man, "for two."

The man lowered his eyes to his parchment in front of him, before nodding his head and picking up two menus. "Right this way, please, sirs," he replied, and made his way deeper into the restaurant, Harry and Severus following.