Chapter 6

" Why one, Why Just one gun shot" Lori said as we continued to walk throughout the woods. " Maybe they took down a walker" Daryl replied. " You know Rick nor Shane would risk it to take down one walker" Lori responded. " What do we do" Lori asked, " Same as we have been, Beat around the bush and meet them back at the highway" Daryl said. " I'm sure they'll meet us back at the highway" Andrea responded. " Let's move" I stated as I kept walking and Daryl followed behind as the other lingered around. " We're not going to find anything unless everyone actually looks, I feel like we've just been hanging out in the woods all day" I said to Daryl who was behind me. " I'm so scared, She out here by herself, I'm afraid she's going to end up like Amy" Carol said from behind us. " Oh I didn't mean it like that" Carol said trying to make what she said not sound as bad. " We're all hoping and praying we find her, for what it's worth" Andrea replied. " I'll tell you what it's worth not a damn thing all this hoping and praying, Ain't nobody going to find her unless we started looking. She's going to be just fine, I'm i the only one sane around here" Daryl said as he stopped in his tracks for a second before continuing walking.

" About how much longer" Carol asked, " About a 100 yards the way the crow flys" Daryl responded. " A hundred yard the crow flys my ass" Andrea said while walking the other direction, I shook my head at her comment, I swear it's always something with her. Not even a minute of her walking the other direction she started screaming, " Andrea" Lori screamed out, We looked both ways and saw her in the distance on the ground as a walker was about to chomp her head off, " Oh fuck" I said under my breath as I started running that direction. I thought she was a goner until some girl came riding in on a horse like Pocahontas with a baseball bat and knocked the walker out, " Lori, Lori Grimes" The girl screamed out, " I'm Lori" Lori yelled back, " Rick sent me you have to come now, There's been an accident, Carl's been shot, He's still alive but you got to come now, Rick needs you" The girl screamed out. Lori took her bag off and handed it to Carol, " Woah Woah Woah, We don't know this girl you can't get on this horse" Daryl yelled out. " Rick said you got others on the highway, The big traffic circle, Yeah back track down that road and two miles down is our road you'll see the mail box, The names green" The girl said before taking off with Lori on the horse. " You heard the girl let's go" I said as I took off running towards the highway. All sorts of thoughts were going through my mind, I could only imagine what happened and if Carl is going to be alright.

" Shot, What do you mean shot?" Dale yelled as we tried to quickly explain the situation. " I don't know Dale, All I know is this chick road in on a horse out of no where and took Lori" Glenn said. " You let her" Dale asked while looking at me and Daryl, " Rick sent her, She knew Loris name and Carl's" Daryl said. " I heard screams was that you" Dale asked referring to Andreas close call in the woods, " She got attacked by a walker it was a close call" Glenn responded. " Andrea are you alright" Dale asked, she just shook her head and went inside the camper. " Someone has to teach that girl how to use a knife before they teach her how to use a gun" I said while shaking my head.

" I won't do it, We can't just leave" Carol said, I took my flannel off and sat it on top of Daryl's bike as she continued talking. " Carol the group is spilt, We're scattered and weak" Dale said. " What if she comes back and we're not her, It could happen" Carol said. " Yeah if Sophia found her way back and we were gone that would be awful", Andrea replied. I rolled my eyes at her comment, Andrea just naturally pissed me off with every word that comes out of her mouth. " We got to plan for this, I say tomorrow morning is soon enough to pull up stakes, Give us a chance to make a sign and leave her some supplies, I'll hold up tonight and stay here with the RV" Daryl said, " If the RV is staying I am too" Dale responded. " Thank you, Thank you both" Carol responded. " Well I'm in" Andrea responded. " Well if everyone else is staying I guess me and Callie will stay" Glenn responded. " No, You and Callie should take carols Cherokee" Dale stated. " Me, Why me, Why is it always me" Glenn said. " We have to find this farm and reconnect with our people and see what's going on but most importantly you guys have to get Tdog there, He cut his arm and has a bad infection, this is not an option" Dale said. " Get him to that farm and see if they have any antibiotics because if not Tdog will die no joke" Dale stated as Daryl walked over to his motorcycle and opened the compartment on the back, pulling out a bag filled with drugs. " Why did you wait till now to say anything, This is my brother stash, Crystal, X, Some kickass pain killers and oxyacetylene, Not the cheap stuff either, Merle got the clap on occasion" Daryl said while throwing a bottle to Dale.