Chapter 10

We all stood there in silence until Beth went over to the pile of walkers to find her mom, She flipped her body over to see her face as the walker came to life grabbing ahold of Beth. We all ran over as we pulled Beth off of the corpse and Shane put a axe through its head as Beth cried out in the back ground. We all walked back to the house as Shane yelled at Hershal, " Your telling me our people have been searching these woods for days trying to find this girl and she's been in there all along" He yelled. " Shane, I'm sure hershel didn't know" I responded. " Oh he knew" He said back. " Look i don't know why it matters to you, You just wanted to leave anyway and it's not like you actually helped look anyway" I yelled at him but he just ignored me. My blood was boiling at this point, How could he be so stupid and selfish at the same time. Shane and Rick started screaming at each other which was my sign to leave, it just never stops I swear.

I walked back over to the barn where Carl and Lori were sitting, I crawled down on the ground next to them. " Are you guys alright?" I asked. " I thought we would find her" Carl said while staring off into the pile of dead bodies, " We all did buddy" I responded while patting my hand on his back. We all went silent waiting for the groups next move, " Dale, Will you take Carl up to the house?" Lori asked. Dale kindly took Carl up to the house while the rest of us figured out what to do with all these bodies, " Do you we just start burying" Tdog asked. " Carol would want a service" Andrea responded, " Yeah we all want that" Tdog said. " Let's dig a grave for Sophia and Hershels family over there by those trees and will need a truck to move the bodies" Lori suggested. " And the others, That's a lot of digging" Jimmy asked, " We bury the ones we love and burn the rest" Andrea responded. Rick had a wild look in his eyes as he just stared at the pile of bodies without moving, I started to walk back to the house to help get the truck ready to move bodies, But once I got there Shane had already moved it over to the barn.

After what felt like hours we had finally got all the graves dug and it was now time to gather to say a few last words for our loved ones. Expect everyone was so speechless there wasn't any words it was Just moments of silence that we shared before splitting up for the rest of the day. Tdog and Andrea finished burning the bodies while the rest of us got started on other chores. I went back to the house to help Patrica  but that's when Maggie asked me to run an errand with Rick, Hershal went missing and wanted me to go with Rick to find him. " Rick would you like to have a conversation about this before running off" Lori yelled out as we walked down the hallway of the house. " I'm not arguing, It's the least I can do after what we put him through" Rick responded. " And your going to risk Callies life too?" Shane butted in. " I'm fine, I can protect myself" I said to Shane. " Meet you outside" Rick said as he planted his hand on the small of my back, It sent shivers up my spine but then I had to remind myself that he's off limits and again I'm just a kid.

I leaned against the dirty hood of the car waiting for Rick to hurry up so we could go find Hershal, What felt like forever he finally decided to come out of the house, " You ready" He asked, I shook my head as I went around to the passenger side door, I shoved my knife in my shoe and my gun in my pants along with some extra amo in my pocket. I hoped into the car and waited for Rick to get in as well. I thought it was just going to be us until Glenn started running towards the car, " I'll let him have the front seat" I said before sitting on the center console and moving to the back.

The ride was quit until Glenn started randomly talking, " Maggie said she loves me, I mean she doesn't mean it, She can't I know she's upset and confused" He started rambling off until Rick cut in, " I think she's smart enough to know how she's feeling" Rick responded and of course Glenn had to denied it, Rick just shook his head as Glenn continued. " She wants something like love" Glenn said, " Glenn it's pretty obvious Maggie loves you and it's not just because your one of the last men standing, So what's the problem?" Rick asked. " I didn't say it back" Glenn answered. " I panicked, I never had a women say that to me before expect my mom and my sisters, But with Maggie it's different. What does she really know about me, Nothing" Glenn said. " Hey, This is one of those things we don't get a lot of these days so enjoy it, When we get back return the favor it's not like she's going anywhere" Rick responded. Everything went silent again as we stopped but Glenn brought something up I don't think I was supposed to hear, " Rick I know about Lori being pregnant" Glenn said, " I figured" Rick responded. " And I'm also sorry cause I forgot Callie was in the back seat" Glenn responded. " My lips are sealed" I responded while climbing out the back seat.  We started to walk into what looked to be a bar before the world went to shit, " Oh man is Hershal trying to get us drunk" I giggled while pulling my gun out of my pants.