Chapter 7

Once morning came everyone started gathering rocks to make a little grave for a man named " Ottis" who went with Shane to get medical supplies for Carl, I was waiting on the rest of the group to come back so we can set up camp. I thought it was going to take them all day that was until I heard the sound of Daryl motorcycle coming up the road. " How is he?" Dale asked, " He's going to pull through, Thanks to Hershal and his people" Lori responded. " How did it happen?" Dale asked, " Hunting accident, That's all just a stupid accident" Rick said.

We all gathered around the rock wall they created for Ottis as Hershal said a few words from the Bible, " We thank you god for the peace he enjoys in your embrace" He said, I looked over at Shane who had that weird look on his face again, I have a feeling he's not telling the true story about Ottis"s death, I think there's more to it. " Shane will you speak for Ottis" Hershal asked, " I'm not good at it, I'm sorry" Shane replied, " You were the last one with him, Will you share his final moments please, I need to know his death had meaning" Patrica cried out. " We were about done, We were about out of amo, I was limping it was bad, My ankle All swollen up, We got to save the boy, See that's what he said. He gave me his backpack and shoved me ahead, Run he said, I'll take the rear I'll cover you and when I looked back, If not for Ottis I would have never made it out alive" Shane said. I could tell he's lying, he killed Ottis to save him self, I can't be the only one who see that, I thought to myself as he continued talking.

" How long has this girl been missing" Hershal asked while we all stood around the hood of a car, planning out our next step at finding Sophia. " County Survey map" maggie said while laying out a map on the hood of the car. " This is Perfect, We can make a grid and start searching in teams" Rick said, " Not you or Callie, You both gave to much blood, you wouldn't be hiking five minutes in this heat before passing out, And your ankle you push it now you'll be laid up for about five months" Hershal said while looking at Shane. " I guess it's just me, I'm going to head back to the creek and work my way from there" Daryl said. " I could still be useful, Drive up to the interstate and see if Sophia wondered back" Shane said. " Alright well tomorrow will start doing this the right way" Rick said. " That means we can't have our people out there with just knifes, We need gun training" Shane said. " I prefer you not carrying guns on my property, We managed so far without turning this into a armed camp" Hershal said. " We respect that but if you get a coward of those things wondering in here then we're doomed" Shane said. " No, We're guess here, And if Hershal says no guns then that means no guns" I responded. " This is there property and we will respect that" Rick agreed as he sat his gun on the hood of the car and I copied and did the same thing. " First thing First set camp and find Sophia" Rick said. " I hate to be the one to ask but what happens if we find her and she's bit, I mean it should be clear on how we handle that" Shane asked, " You do what has to be done" Rick said. " And her mother, What do you tell her?" Maggie asked, " The truth" Andrea responded. " I'll gather and secure all the weapons, Make sure no one is carrying and will go practice on range off site" Shane said. " That you brought, Got any more antibiotics, bandages, anything like that?" maggie asked. " Just what you've seen" Andrea responded. " We're running short on supplies I can make a run into town" Maggie said, " Not the way Shane went" Rick said. " No there's a pharmacy, Just a mile down the road, I've done it before" Maggie said, " I'll go too" I responded. " See our Man there in the baseball cap, that's Glenn that's our go to town guy, Why don't you two ask him to go along" Rick said.

I went back to the Rv to change my clothes, I through on a white tshirt and a pair of black Nike shorts, Since all my other jeans were dirty these will have to do, And of course my not so white converse. I put on my red flannel over my shirt and walked back outside of the RV to find the others, " You know how to ride a horse" Maggie asked, " Yes, I use to Barrel Race, Believe it or not" I responded. " Good, I'll go get the horses ready for us to take into town" Maggie responded. I walked up to the porch of the house where Rick was sitting, I sat down next to him, " Are you sure your ok to go to town?" Rick asked as he looked over at me, " I'll be fine, I used to be alone before I met you guys so I'm kinda of familiar with it" I responded. " Do you need anything?" I asked while I stretched my legs out in front of me. " Just for you to come back in one piece" he responded. " Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. Maybe I'll find something cool like a bored game I could play with Carl" I responded. " That would be nice, He would really enjoy that" He responded. I could still feel his eyes on me as I stood up, " I'll be back" I said before walking away.