Chapter 9

I woke up before Daryl did, I quickly slipped my shoes on before heading outside to see what the others were doing. When I walked outside everyone was already doing something, Glenn was carrying around a basket of something I didn't know what it was until he came up to me, " Peaches?" he asked, Thanks I said while grabbing one, He had a nervous look on his face, " Glenn what's wrong" I asked, " Me, Nothing, Nothings wrong why would you think something is wrong?" he replied before quickly walking off. " That was weird as hell" I said under my breathe.

I walked over to the car where Rick and Shane were standing as the looked at a map, " Good morning ladies" I said as I hopped on the hood of the car. Rick gave me a weird look almost as if he was mad, While Shane just smiled at me. " What are you guys doing" I asked, " Planning out the grid to look for Sophia" Shane replied. " You guys can go up that way to do gun practice but I don't want anyone going alone after what happened to Daryl" Rick said while looking at me. Glenn came up and gave the boys some peaches, He was still acting weird. " When would like to join you guys for gun control today" Beth said as her and Patricia walked up to the car. " Hershal made it clear that he didn't want you guys to be apart of what we were doing without his constant" Rick responded. " He doesn't like it but he agreed" Beth responded. " Ottis was the only one who knew guns and now that he's gone we need to know how to protect ourselves " Patrica responded. As Rick was talking Shane walked away and a few seconds later the other went away leaving just me and Rick there, " How was your night with Daryl" Rick asked with a weird look on his face. " What do you mean?" I asked confused, " You stayed in his room last night didn't you" He asked. " Oh yeah I just slept in there to make sure he's ok" I responded. He just looked down at the ground and shook his head, " I didn't sleep with him if that's what your thinking" I responded.  He just looked up at me and shook his head and walked away. I thought that was weird, I don't understand why Rick would care anyway, I thought to myself.

After wondering around camp for a while we all decided to head out to practice gun control. I felt pretty confident with my capabilities when it comes to guns, I'm a quick learner so it didn't take me long to figure it out when I had to learn. We lined wine bottles along the top of the fence to shoot at, I just sat back and observed everyone else as some hit they targets but others missed. " Try to hit your targets" Shane said to everyone shooting, " Who said i didn't hit mine" Andrea said while pointing to a trespassing sign in the field. I rolled my eyes, It's the fact she just shot me not even two days ago and now thinks she's Annie Oakley. Everyone stopped and there was still seven wine bottles lined up, " You wanna shoot" Rick asked, " Sure" I said as I stayed sitting in the grass, I raised my gun up and fired off seven rounds in a row taking out all the wine bottles, " Maybe we should get a harder target" I said , While Shane just shook his head in surprise.

Everyone back at the camp was very proud of Carl for learning how to shoot today, He needed to learn and I couldn't think of a better time for him too. I sat under the tree next to our tent and enjoyed the breeze that would blow through my hair every now and then, I loved that feeling, It was so calming. I started to doze off until Daryl told it was getting late and I should probably get to bed. I walked into our tent and stripped my clothes off leaving me in my underwear and shirt as I crawled into my sleeping bag and quickly fell asleep.

The smell of eggs cooking is what woke me up from my sleep, I rolled over and noticed Daryl had already left to start his day. I got up and threw on my jeans and white tank top that I tucked into my pants, I threw my hair into a messy bun before going outside to enjoy some breakfast. Everyone was quit as they shoved there faces with spam and eggs, " I was just about to wake u up sweetie" Carol said while handing me a plate filled with food. I sat down on the ground in-front of the fire as I started eating, " After breakfast Do you wanna help me feed the chickens" Carl asked while finishing off his food, " Of course I do" I replied, Then it went silent again I could tell something wasn't right. Glenn stood up and came over to everyone around the fire, " Uh guys, So the barn is full of walkers" He said nervously. Everyone stopped eating and looked up at him, I almost choked on what food I had in my mouth.