12

(yall have no idea how much i actually love pancake i see this boy and literally BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL BOYYYYY)

recently i've been having nightmares. nightmares that y/n comes back, but he isn't y/n anymore, and he isn't here to stay. he's here to attack us.

and i've been having nightmares, nightmares about pancake. he'll die in a freak accident, or a woman i've never seen before, the woman that only exists in my nightmares, kills him with y/ns staff.

in my nightmares no one hurts me, but theres nothing i can do to help, to fight, i'm paralyzed and everyone cries out for help, my help.

and morning after morning i wake up in a cold sweat, right next to my roommate pumpkin pie, sleeping soundly.

this morning was like any other, i shot up breathing heavily, then attempted to calm myself.

"you okay cherry?" pancake sat on the side of my sleeping bag,

"oh, i'm fine dear, what are you doing in here?"

"i need permission to go on a adventure, vampire said so."

"you're gonna go with vampire and not adventurer?"

"adventurer said he'll go next time because he wants to learn to hunt with lilac now that he hunts alone and we're running out of the meat y/n smoked and stuff so vampire said he'll go so he gets to write a letter to y/n and he gets to hang out with me so we-"

"okay okay, where are you going with vampire?"

"up on the cliff! but further than me and y/n and adventurer went, since me and vampire can fly."

"okay dear, you can go just pack some food and stay safe."

as soon as she was finished speaking pancake toddled off calling for vampire.

i sighed.

--

y/n walked in utter silence in the middle of our group, not even his footsteps made sound. i don't think his face has changed once since he was last at his camp, he's been completely stoic.

he seemed to be hugging close to red velvet, they did spend some time together yesterday, y/n probably only likes him because of his dogs, i'm better at magic.

as we all got to the castle doors pomegranate dragged y/n to the head of the group, and sat him in between her and where affogato would sit.

'whats she trying to do?! i warned him about affogato and pomegranate sits him right there! he was supposed to sit between me and mushroom!'

i huffed silently to myself, pomegranate ruins everything. i hate her. always yelling at me for every little thing.

just before i could muster a glare she wouldn't see, strawberry crepe walked in staring at its feet, muttering to itself.

it didn't even notice our plus one, to absorbed in its own thoughts and calculations to see anything but its own shoes.

"quit poking at me i look fine-" y/n emotionlessly leaned away from pomegranate who was prodding at his hair,

"you may look fine but you should strive to look excellent in front of your master," pomegranate swatted at him like he was some misbehaving child,

finally the disagreement made strawberry crepe look up, "a new toy!?" it looked almost excited,

pomegranate sighed, "maybe, it depends on what dark enchantress wants to do with him." red velvet had to answer that brat,