Sweet Toppings

Y/N POV:
Me and Mugman walked next to each other and nervousness was on me. But Mugman's kindness drove on top of it. We were close to the ice cream truck and he turned to look at me.
"What would you like Y/N?"

"How about an ice cream sandwich?" I asked.

"Great! Excuse me? I would like the ice cream sandwich and a fudge pop please. Don't worry Y/N it's my treat." Mugman offered.

I chuckled a bit and smiled before saying okay. Although it's odd for something like this to happen to me, I felt comfortable around Mugman. He gave me my ice cream and we started to walk around the park.

"So Y/N. Is nature an escape route for you huh?" Mugman asked.

"Yeah. Inkwell Isles really has great places to see." Laughing to myself.

"Have you ever explored it with someone?"

"No, not really. My caretaker is the only one who's helped me see a few places."

We stopped at a park bench after we finished our ice cream. Mugman began to make small jokes that made me forget all about our project. When we stopped laughing, I looked at him smiling wide.

"You have a wonderful smile Y/N." Mugman says while looking at me with flirtatious eyes.

I blushed a bit and just said thank you. Mugman began to stand up and held out his hand.

"Come on. Let's find our rocks for the project."

As the day went on, I just looked at how he showed himself. How he just hums to himself while he was working. After taking one more rock, I placed my hand on the bag for the rocks. Yet, I felt something more than a bag.
Looking down it was a cartoon glove, soon meeting my eyes with the mug himself.

"I-I'm so sorry." I quickly put my hand on my leg instead.
I felt a gloved hand over my shoulder, a mug smiling directly towards me while tilting his head. Geez! My heart was pounding so fast that I felt like dying.

"Let's see what we've got so far."

...an hour later...

"Wow! We did a good job Mugman!"

"We sure did! But there's something missing." Mugman said putting his hand on his chin and looking up.

Confused, I looked at him saying what's wrong.

"The beautiful rock right in front of me!" Mugman jumped towards me and held me into a hug. I laughed so much that I didn't expect what happened next. Me and Mugman laid side by side, close to each other. Neither of us showed any signs of leaving. Mugman put his right hand on top of my cheek and started to caress it.

"Let's finish this strong together Y/N."

I don't know if he was talking about the project but sheesh! Can this guy be ever more romantic?

Author's Note:
Lol! My goodness the second chapter! Already showing the romantic mindset. Anyways hope you've had fun reading this! I'm definitely having fun writing this. More to come soon!
Just noting that grey person is you. I've made a few changes since writing this story so that the character fits better based on design.

Help this story grow by voting, following and sharing!

See the picture here: https://www.tumblr.com/love-mugsy