Bubbly Date

Y/N's POV:
Everything was dark around me. All I could hear was the sound of evil laughter getting louder and louder. Everywhere was getting hotter and I desperately tried to find a way out here. Running in a straight line or even if I was going straight, something stops me. Then the Devil appears grinning fiendishly, reaching to grab my soul until....

"Y/N. Y/N." Mugman said with a worried look on his face. It was all a dream.

"You were shaking and sweating a bit. Did you have a nightmare?" He asked.

"The Devil." Was all I could say.

Mugman began to hug me and sighed.

"Gosh that man has caused a lot of pain. But you're right here in my arms. After all he's going to mess with the wrong mug if he tries anything stupid." He said.

"Thank you Mugman." I chuckled a bit, hugging him tighter and going back to sleep knowing that this man was protecting me.

...Morning....

Mugman's POV:
Me, Cuphead, and Y/N all sat at the kitchen table while we were waiting for our pancakes. Elder Kettle offered to make some since everyone was together. Cuphead was talking to Y/N with his usual dumb ideas.

"Then I said, you hand it over to me. After all the best when it comes to dodging." Cuphead says confidently.

"Says the one who has to save his soul every five minutes." I replied.

I hear Y/N laugh as Cuphead looks at me angry.

"Says the one who always freezes from stage fright."

"I'm not scared of that anymore!" I said pointing my finger at him.

"Oh reallllly?" Cuphead angrily said.

"Boys no fighting! Y/N is here." Elder Kettle said as he passes out the pancakes

Today I have something planned for Y/N. A date where she can forget about the last nightmare she had. It's a little silly but I know that she'll love it. After finishing up breakfast, all of us got ready to head out. I stopped Y/N to ask her about the date I'm planning.

"I've planned us another date outside." I smiled at her while she looked in curiosity.

Y/N's POV:
As our classes were ending, me and Mugman hold hands as we exit the schoolhouse. He then started to lead the way, taking me to wherever he was planning. I noticed that we were going to the carnival.

"Are we going to go on some rides Mugman?" I asked excitedly.

"Nope. We are going to have some bubbly fun!" He said.

Walking confused, I see a tree cover in an array of bright colors. Mugman led me to sit underneath the tree and pulls out... a bubble wand?

"Watch this!" He said while mixing the wand.

Mugman blew into the wand and big bubbles came out. It was in orange and red, flowing into the air. It shined so bright that I thought it was so cute. I stood up and began to let the bubbles go down onto my hands. Mugman handed me another bubble wand. He blew some bubbles and I laughed knocking them away.

"Let's have a bubble war Y/N!" He confidently said.

"Alrighty Mugman!" I said proudly taking it.

We started to blow bubbles against each other and both laughed the day away. I laughed harder when one bubble in particular fell on top Mugman's nose.

Mugman's POV:
Seeing Y/N laughing and happy was exactly what I wanted her to feel. Not letting the Devil ruin her joy. Every time she blew from the bubble wand, it was like she had a bright spotlight on her. This woman has a lot ahead of her and I'm not going to let the Devil or anyone else ruin it.

Help this story grow by sharing, voting, and following!

See the image for this chapter on my tumblr!

https://www.tumblr.com/love-mugsy