Chapter 6

°•°•°

°•°•°

Once it was night fall, (Y/N) reluctantly returned to her human body disappointment, filling her as the weight of her legs held her down. She let out a large sigh, pulling herself into her chair and wheeling over to a small desk that held a camera for her video log. Behind her, Grace was looking at a few small samples under her microscope, the doctors ears filled with the patter of raindrops as a storm passed over them.

"Okay. This is video log 12." (Y/N) spoke tiredly, her eyes slightly drooping in exhaustion. "The time's 21:32. Do I have to do this now? I really need to get some rest." The marine argued, her head turned back to where Grace was sitting. "No, now. When it's fresh." Grace commented, making (Y/N) sigh. 

"Okay, location: shack, and the days are starting to blur together."

°•°•°

The language is a pain, but, you know, I figure it's like field-stripping a weapon. Just repetition. Repetition.

Once the sun was up, Naoki took (Y/N) for a lesson on their native language. He pointed at easy parts of his body like his eyes, ears, mouth, etc; trying to get the woman to copy his exact words. Naoki started to get a little frustrated at the slowness of her learning, but he still pushed through. "Navi." (Y/N) spoke out, her tail wrapped around her side as she listened to the Na'vi in front of her.

"Nari." Naoki corrected, his eyes flickering with annoyance. 

"Nari." (Y/N) copied back flatly.

"Narrri."

"Narrri!" She repeated before getting a small slap on the head. 

°•°•°

"Txur ni'ul. Stronger." Naoki commanded, watching as the dreamwalker pulled back the string of her bow. He touched his own stomach, sucking in a deep breath. (Y/N) sucked in a deep breath and tensed her stomach muscles, grunting slightly as Naoki pushed on her torso, positioning her arms into a better angle. Around them, other Na'vi's trained in the forest with their shots getting expert hits.

Naoki calls me a skxawng. It means moron.

°•°•°

Back at the base (Y/N) and Norm were slowly starting to warm up to one another. They sat at a small table discussing different Na'vi phrases that were important to the Natives culture. Norm had the marine copy him as he brought two of his fingers from his forehead before slowly arching them out from his face.