Chapter 8

°•°•°

°•°•°

"Haven't gotten lost in the woods, have you?" Quaritch teased, walking over to the ex-marine who sat with her head in her hands. (Y/N) requested to be taken back to the main base to have a change of her surroundings. Grace obviously argued with the woman about her choice, but at the end of the day, the doctor could see in her eyes that she needed to have some more space, literally and figuratively. The ex-marine found herself in the dark cafeteria slightly sighing at the Colonels rough voice. She slowly shook her head towards the man as he walked towards her, grabbing a chair from a nearby table.

"Your last report was more than two weeks ago. I'm starting to doubt your resolve!" He continued, furrowing his brows at the look (Y/N) gave him. "The way I see it, it's time to terminate the mission."

"No, I can do this." The woman interrupted in a low tone, her eyes sloping with slight annoyance. The Colonel raised a hand in mock surrender before matching her tone of voice, "You already have. You give me good, usable intel. This Tree of Souls place. Yeah, I got them by the balls with that when this turns into a shit fight, which it will." (Y/N) hesitantly nodded her head at his statement, pushing a fake smile onto her lips before the Colonel gripped her shoulder. "Now it's time to come in. By the way, you're gonna get your legs back." From her look of shock, Quaritch let out a small laugh. "Yeah. I got you corporate approval. It's a done deal. Gonna have you on a shuttle tonight. I'm a man of my word."

(Y/N) face dropped slightly at the one-way ticket home. She looked down to the floor in thought before speaking out. "I gotta finish this. There's one more thing." The Colonel raised an eyebrow before gesturing for her to continue. "A ceremony. It's the final stage of becoming a woman. If I do it, I'm one of them. And they'll trust me. And I can negotiate the terms of their relocation." Quaritch looked at her silently before pursing his lips and standing up. He gently pushed his chair back into its original spot, not noticing how (Y/N)s jaw clenched, waiting for a reply.

"Well, then, you'd better get it done, Corporal."

°•°•°

As the sun fell past the horizon, (Y/N)s avatar body slowly opened her eyes. The woman let out a deep sigh before pushing herself out of her bed and making her way to where Naoki told her to meet him. Entering a small tent to the side of the main village, (Y/N) watched as Naoki mixed up a white homemade paint. She lightly knocked on the small beam beside her, catching the mans attention. The male Na'vi's head whipped up, causing him to wince as his neck cracked at the fast pace. (Y/N) let out a chuckle before walking over to him and kneeling down to meet his height.

(Y/N) sucked in a short breath, her eyes closed as Naoki slowly drew on top of her smooth skin. The cool paint carefully glided against her skin making her eyes slowly flutter open allowing her to gaze at Naoki's concentrated face, her lips slightly parting as he took two of his fingers and pulled them down the front of her lips, dragging them down her chin and neck.