Chapter 10

°•°•°

°•°•°

After (Y/N) and Grace were ripped out of their pods, they were shoved into a small cell with Norm. The atmosphere around them was silent with a tension so thick, (Y/N) felt like she couldn't breathe sometimes. With her body hunched over in her chair, the marine contemplated her place in this war. She wasn't trusted by either of the fighting parties, but she knows which once she would fight for even if she wasn't given the opportunity to. When the marine thought of herself in this very moment, only one word came to mind, failure. 

Soon enough, the silence was broken by a few short beeps and the hiss of a door opening. Rolling a cart in front of her, Trudy walked through the door, putting up a fake smile to the soldier that was guarding the trio of traitors. "What's going on, brother? Long time no see." She greeted, causing (Y/N)s head to snap towards the doors that blocked them from getting out. 

"Hey." The man greeted back.

"Personally, I don't feel like these tree-hugging traitors deserve steak." Trudy joked with the man slowly bringing her hand behind her to grasp the gun she had hidden in the back of her pants. "They get steak? That's bullshit. Let me see that." He said, barking out a laugh before bending over to take a look in the carts compartment, freezing as the cold mouth of a gun touched his exposed neck. "Yeah. You know what that is. Down." She said coldly, her friendly attitude dropping the second he had his back turned. "All the way down." Trudy sneered before smacking his neck with the butt of the gun, knocking him out. 

"Trudy!" Norm called out as the group all looked at her in surprise, giving her a smile. She sent one back before calling over her shoulder, "Max!" She yelled out, making the man turn the corner quickly, going over to unlock their cell with a key card he had stolen earlier. 

The group made quick work through the base with Trudy leading them with her gun grasped tightly in her hands. "Trudy, fire up the ship! Go!" (Y/N) instructed the woman pushing her burning arms to go faster. Norm ran ahead of her to take the gun from Trudy as she pulled out another smaller one. As Norm and Trudy man their way to the ship (Y/N), Grace and Max continued to make their way through the base.

"Max, stay here. I need someone on the inside I can trust." (Y/N) explained as the man opened an airlock door. Her hand tightly gripped his shoulder, bringing him down to level as she looked at him in desperation, a flicker of hope filling her eyes. "Okay." He nodded. "Go!"

Grace took the handles of (Y/N)s wheel chair, sprinting down the hallway until they made it to the final door. The doctor gave (Y/N) an oxygen mask before grabbing one herself and slipping it over her head. Once the masks were secure, Grace and (Y/N) made their way to the ship as quickly as possible, not seeing the blinking lights of cameras moving above them. As the duo came into sight, Norm positioned himself on the side of the ship, reaching out to pull (Y/N) onto one of the seats.