3

The bathroom tiles felt cold beneath me. My eyes were closed, against the wall I sat, waiting to empty my already emptied stomach. It was frustrating.

I could see the light sunrays peeking through my bathroom window. I didn't have the courage nor energy to go back to bedroom, fearing I'd end up there again.

That's how it was going all night. Pretty sure I even slept there for bare minimum time before having to run towards the toilet seat to empty last night's dinner.

It had been almost 30 mins, nothing happened. So, I gathered enough courage to go back to my room finally.

5:07 A.M.

So in conclusion, I barely slept last night. Again. If this was to continue, I would barely survive to be honest. Almost every kind of food made me nausea. So, I avoided eating outside but that didn't help with my constant throwing up. Even the smell of homemade food was also making my life hell already.

I'm pretty sure my suffering was worse than what the other pregnant women go through. I was becoming weak day by day and it was just the first month only.

Jungkook didn't come to University for a whole week. I didn't exactly know the reason but I could assume. Most of the news channels had been broadcasting the news of the supernova. This was indeed unusual. And I had a feeling that it was somehow related to him.

I was afraid of..his existence.

It scared me, yes, but something unusual, some unknown strings were pulling me towards him. I could feel it. It felt like I was craving for him, not something I was really fond of. But I couldn't help it either.

Is it usual for pregnant women to feel this kind of bond with their baby daddy?

Everything was fucked up, undoubtedly.

University didn't care about the attendance anymore since there had been a warning issued everywhere about the supernova. It was going to happen too close to Earth. Very unnatural and unusual. Nobody knew when it was to take place anyway. Scientists were going haywire for this.

Even Mr.Choi decided that it'd be better to have 5 days work instead of 6. It was very unexpected from a person like him. Gemma was happy indeed.

"Fuck man. I must have done something holy in my previous life that's why we're getting a whole day off from now on that too from Diavolo!"

I remember her words. She got excited and offered me to have lunch with her. However I had to decline. No food outside. Creating a scene outside then getting caught somehow wasn't in my list anyway.

"Aren't you scared, Gemma? The supernova seems pretty terrible."

She took out one cigarette from the packet and kept the rest into her pocket.

"Isn't this the 2nd packet already?"

She looked at me with the now lighted up cigerette between her lips before pulling it out to answer.

"The 1st one was half finished anyway. And about the supernova, even if we die for it or something, I'd know that I've lived my life the way I wanted. So, who cares?"

Her words made me think deeply. I was scared of death, terribly scared. I was scared of the unknown hence. And yet I was chasing Jungkook and trying my best to keep this baby alive even if it might kill me eventually.

Then it hit me. I wasn't scared anymore. From the unknown. I was preparing myself mentally to face the consequences.

Where did I get the courage from?

I had no answer to this question.

The only thing I knew was that Jungkook could be the answer to all my questions.

But unfortunately, he went missing or he decided to hide.

"I told you we should go to a doctor. Tae, you don't look good to me. I can tell your already fucked up sleep schedule is more fucked up by the bags under your eyes. And lord! Have you seen yourself?! You look like a walking zombie! What have you done to yourself?!"

Jimin was agitated. He was right though.

"The fever has done some major damage I think but I'll heal eventually don't worry. You know how I hate doctors, Chim"

He didn't look convinced. I think he guessed something was up. I couldn't tell though. My mind has been everywhere these days.

"I'm bringing you to hospital tomorrow. I don't want any excuses. You've been sick for like 3 weeks! What if it's something serious! I'm not taking risk. That's it"

I couldn't go to hospital! Not at all!

"Chim, I'll call Harin, okay? Don't worry about that. Now tell me what popped in uni yesterday?"

He sighed.

"Fine. Be stubborn. I'll talk to Harin noona too. But if you don't get better I'll take you to hospital and let them bind you to a hospital bed."

I fake cried at that. I knew he was worried about me. So, I couldn't let him worry more than that.

Jimin has been my friend for a long time. We practically grew up together. We were there with each other in our worst days and best days too. He's been always this bright person, lifting up everyone's mood with his smile. He was indeed a pure soul. I've seen him taking care of his uncle with the most endearing and enthusiastic way.

Jimin was there with me when appa was fighting against cancer. On the hospital bed, when he took his last breathe, Jimin was still there. He had been my support system eversince.

Yet what was I doing to him? Lying? Hiding?

"Nothing much about uni. Same as you've seen. No major drama, a lot less students. This supernova thing really scared the shit out of people. However office is a different story.  They're putting more pressure to gather more information about this. It's really fucked up"

Indeed.

"You're a journalist in making, working for a news company, Chim. What do you expect"

He sighed again before leaning towards the sofa. Thank God, it was Sunday. I had no energy left to deal with other shit.

"Tae, what's point if we die for this? I mean, it's the trick of universe. We can't really do anything. The impact can be pretty destructive, who knows"

"We are not going to die. Stop talking like that"

He only shrugged and I let out a heavy sigh.

Are we really going to die?