Log 5: I Quit!

[RECAP]

"So what's up boys?" Yori asked, earning shocked expressions from both men as her deflective shield kept on steaming from the prodigious impact. "Mind if I cut in?"

~

"Just the girl I came looking for." Kid smirked as he cocked his head to the side. His dark lips were now curved into his signature 'sadistic' smile that never failed to match the crazed look his auburn eyes were giving off.

He could practically taste blood by the end of his lips, salty and metallic yet addictively bittersweet, he couldn't possibly get enough of it. He truly is a madman.

"Yori?!!" Luffy breathed out in disbelief as his eyes gawked upon the girl who mouthed out a quick "Go." whilst shifting her gaze towards the orange haired girl slumped on his shoulder.

Luffy wanted to say something. Anything. Or at least utter a quick 'I'm sorry'. His heart was practically pounding in protest as he gave a brief nod and turned around, deciding to leave the talking for later.

"I'll be back." Luffy promised before stretching out his hand to clutch on a certain spot and took off towards the infirmary, leaving Yori to deal with the red haired trouble magnet.

"So.. what brings you here?" The girl questioned out as she faced her long time colleague with a teasing smile, her eyes were filled with nothing more but undeniable amusement. "Did you miss me that much?"

Kid's eye twitched.

"Miss you?" He spat out the word venomously as if it was some sort of a deadly contaminated disease. "Who would?!" He added, giving her a scornful look.

Yori let out a pained expression but quickly hid it with a scowl. "Hn. What should I expect? You're heartless."

"But." The girl raised a finger, silencing Kid of any incoming retorts. "I've got to give you some credit." She admitted, pointing a finger towards him by the word "you" which granted her a quizzical look from Kid's sterling features.

"Because you're actually right for once." She explained, letting her hand rest on her side as she held on to the man's fiery  gaze.

"Kazu Organization is large. There's a lot of competence, ranks and unnecessary.. complications. That's why I'll always be seen as 'one' of the elites. I'll never 'be' the only elite.. and I hate that!" The redhead sneered as she threw out an annoyed look.

"But here.." The girl gestured through the Mugiwara compound. "I could be who I want to be." Yori smiled, a sinister smile as she voiced out her decision.

"So I joined the Mugiwaras."

"You.. WHAT?!!"Kid blared out as his eyes flickered wide open, his mouth was still agape from the sudden news as the metal shards beneath him began shaking violently, matching the tempo of his face paced heartbeat. 'She couldn't have—'