Chapter 3: After the Afterparty

What is happening to me?
I don't wanna live forever
I know I'll be living in vain
I don't wanna fit wherever
I just wanna keep calling your name
Until you come back home

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

"Celestine, I'm already at the dance floor, where are you?" the loud music around me was pounding.

"On the way to Silent Chaos, baby," she said on the phone as I drank my first tequila shot.

I met a few friends at the bar. Some I knew from school. Hell, even some of my teachers were there. I was just too observant to evade them.

"If it isn't the president of St, Patrick, who could it be?" Jack, a school varsity said.

"If it isn't the star player of St. Patrick, who could it be?" I replied to the question.

He was moving too close to me. I know I'm too flirty and all but this is not what I wanted. I do not like what's happening. He is way too touchy. He was inches away from kissing me and I wouldn't allow it even if he was widely known as a star player in the school, what the hell?

"Leila Raven!" Celestine's voice surfaced. Thank God she's finally here! Good riddance!

"Celestine!" I widened my eyes at her.

"Oh, hi!" Jack said.

"Ready for the rest of the night?" she asked me as she took me away from Jack.

"Of course, I am! I mean—who wouldn't be?" I said as I walked off with her, leaving Jack alone.

The night is still young, and the drinks are far from empty. But I know there is something else missing. I can feel it, but I can't seem to understand or even think of what it is. All I know is that there is something missing. Or maybe something I miss.

My surroundings felt like the whole world was spinning around. Oh, hell no! I'm going to have such a massive headache and hangover tomorrow.

"Twee mow shots, please!! Won for me, won for mi bestie, and... won mow for me!" I shouted at the bartender as Celestine laughed so hard at the way I spoke. I am really drunk, I know. But I want more. Maybe that is what's missing. More shots of Tequila.

I tried so hard to reach my phone at the back of my shorts pocket. After a few minutes, I made it. Oh, shit—my body feels numb, but I enjoy the feeling so much. I called the first number on my cellphone, not caring who it was. The call was answered right away.

"Leila," a guy answered on the other line.

"Oh my god—" I wretched as I couldn't take it in.

"Leila, are you okay? It looks like you're vomiting!" was all I could hear from the other end of the line. The next thing I knew the floor was soaked in vomit.

"Oh yeah, yeah, I jus did..." I said and the other person was saying something that I don't understand clearly.

"St--... er--... I--... om--..." the line just went off and Celestine took away my cell phone.

"Wey wey wey, wheyr the fucc are you bringin' mi cellfone?" I asked Celestine as I leaned on her to say it in her ears. I had to. The music was loud, and I could not even hear myself speaking.

What else could've happened? I can—I can't take it anymore...

The next thing I saw was the strobe of the light in my direction and everything else went black.