when you're scared that you're going to be a bad mom (requested)

"This is so amazing! I just can't believe it! We're going to be parents!" Jenna excitedly said as she held your positive pregnancy test in her hand.

You were sitting down on the edge of the bed, nervously toying with your fingers as she excitedly paced around the bedroom.

You just found out that you're pregnant and as exciting as it is, you're also feeling terrified.

"Aren't you excited?" She asked as she noticed how quiet you are. "You don't look like it."

She frowned as she sat down next to you, gently laying her hand on your thigh.

You've felt these fears throughout the entire process of trying to become pregnant but you always pushed them into the back of your mind.

But now, it's real and the thoughts inside your busy brain just won't go away.

You're pregnant.

And you're scared.

"Y/N?" She frowned as she brushed her fingers across your skin. "Aren't you happy?"

"Yeah. Of course I am." You said before lifting your head to look at her. "But I'm also really scared."

"What? Why?"

"I'm terrified that I'll be a bad mom like my mom was." You confessed and watched her eyes turn sad.

"Baby, you're not going to be a bad mom."

"That's what you say now... but what if?"

"You're not your mom, Y/N. You and I both know that. You don't resemble your mom even slightly. You couldn't be more different than her."

"I know but those fears are just there inside my head. I remember how bad my childhood was. I was so miserable. I hated every second of my life back then. I don't want our kid to feel like that."

"Honey, you shouldn't feel scared about that. Because it's not going to happen. You're going to be a great mom!"

"How can you be so sure?"

"Well, for starters, you're a great person. You're selfless and kindhearted and you have a lot of amazing qualities. You also love kids. Being around younger people in my family and yours, I've seen that motherly side come out."

You smiled just a little.

"You are so different than your mom. Your mom doesn't have those things or show that side of her and you do. Also, if I didn't think you were going to be a great mom, I wouldn't have married you and I wouldn't have wanted to start a family with you. But I did because I know you're going to be a wonderful, loving mom to our little one."

"Thank you, Jenna."

"I'm so sorry that you had such an awful experience with your childhood. You deserved so much better. But as I've told you a hundred times already, you are not your mother. It's normal to have those thoughts creep into your brain, especially after all you've been through, but that's not you. You're loving, caring, compassionate, funny, and all the things that make for a great parent. All the things she wasn't and still isn't."

She reached her hands out to gently place them on your cheeks, softly caressing your skin.

"You are going to be such a great mom, my girl."

"No... we are going to be great moms."

She smiled big and bright before she brought you into her arms for a hug.

"We're in this together, every step of the way. We're going to be the best parents in the world. I promise you, our baby is going to love you just as much as I do and I know that you'll love them too."

You pulled away and stared down at your stomach, watching as she laid her hand against it.

"I already do."

She kissed your cheek softly and began to speak to your stomach, making your heart flutter.

You couldn't wait to embark on this journey with her, it was a dream come true.