Chapter 2: Shenanigans

Will slammed the door and made sure to lock it before hugging Bill in his arms.

"Will? What's going on? Is everything okay?" Bill questioned, stroking Will's head like a sad puppy.

He looked up at Bill, tears streaming down his face. "It's-"

"It's what?"

"Tad is going to send me away. They're not going to let me see you!" Will sobbed.

"What?! No no no," Bill said in alarm, pulling back to take him by the shoulders to get a better look.

He brushed Will's tearstained cheeks and gave him a worried but reassuring smile. He can't break down when Will needed him the most.

"It's all right, blueberry. it'll be okay."

Will shook his head, unable to hold in his sobs. "No it won't Bill."

Bill pulled back more, now looking very concerned. He took a soft breath, eyes glistening in determination.

"Then..why don't I come with you?" He suggested with a small grin.

"You can't! They'd never allow-"

"Of course they will. If it means I can keep you safe then so be it."

Will's eyes widened before softening his sobs.

"Why is Tad even suggesting such a thing?" Bill asked, releasing Will's cold hands from his sleeves.

Will looked away. He can't tell Bill he had better potential.

He couldn't tell Bill that he was better. No way.

And as much as Tad tells Will how special he is, Bill has potential just like the rest of us.

More even.

"I..I- don't..know. They..didn't say."

"Listen, we will figure this out. Let's just get some rest okay?" Bill says, trying to keep himself calm and contained.

Will wiped his tears on his sweater, looking up at Bill. "Can you cuddle me?"

"..Sure."

Bill wrapped an arm around Will, looking down at him in his miserable state. A few minutes later, Will fell asleep. But Bill stayed awake the whole night. Wondering..

Why didn't Pi-Mo see how great they both were?

If he knew, maybe he'd keep them together.

Bill's eyes watered up, and his smile faltered. Just for a second, his chest heaved and his breath quickened.  Before anyone could notice, he wiped the tears from his eyes.

No.

He wasn't supposed to cry. But Will had gone through something awful today. And he couldn't do anything to help him. Bill doubted Pi-Mo would even allow him to do anything else.

Bill was just stuck.

Stuck watching Will cry and trying not to cry himself.

\(~●~)/

Bill woke up the next morning to see Will in a dark blue hue instead of his happy pastel blue. It was a interesting thing to see, really. When Will turns a darker blue, it can mean 1 of multiple things. For one, Bill once heard Will crying himself to sleep a few days before. Bill wanted to ask why, but he never got the chance. The only thing he understood was that Will was upset. Extremely upset.

"Morning Will!" Bill says with a smile.

Will faintly smiled back before heading to the bathroom to get ready for the day. Bill slowly started to frown, rushing over in Will's direction.

"What's wrong, bro bro? You're- bluer than usual." He commented.

"I guess," Will sighed. "I'm worried about Tad taking me away.."

Bill sat down in defeat. "Same."

Both shared some silence before Bill dramatically placed his hands on his hips.

"If you leave, I'm coming with, you hear me? I'll jump on Tad's back if I have to!" Bill exclaimed, throwing his hands up.

"Of course. I'll bring the matches in case things go South if you know what I mean," Will gave a wink and Bill returned with a big smile. "I like your thinking, Blueboy."

Will giggled a bit before kicking his legs around. His pastel blue hue returned to normal, and Bill knew he was okay. For now at least.

"What do you think we should do?" Bill asks, smiling.

Will thought for a moment. "I think we should explore a new dimension."

"New dimension?!" Tad answered, peeking through the door.

Will jumped at the sight and Bill was well, nerved by their uncle's presence. If Will really was right, he wasn't going to let Tad touch him ever again.

"Yeah- uhm..it's the dimension next to this one," Will handed Tad a book. "It's a world of grass and water. People live there."

Bill suddenly had an idea. If he and Will went to this strange dimension, they could disappear for good! They wouldn't have to worry about rules or boundaries! If they could convince Tad to let them go, just for a few hours, blending in would be a sinch.

"Sounds wonderful, Will! Can we please go, dearest uncle of ours?" Bill pleads.

Will looked back at Bill. He never pleads unless he wants something. What was he planning?

"Sure, I suppose I could give you an hour or so," Tad looks at his watch before snapping his fingers. A portal appeared in their room, just opened enough to see a trail to a village. Will gasped while Bill stuffed everything they needed into a bag.

"Thank you Tad. Really." Will says, giving a warm smile.

"Glad to help, little one." Tad says. "I'll be picking you guys up soon.  Pi-Mo would kill me if I lost you both. Don't go too far. Stay safe you hear me?"

"Yadda yadda, no shenanigans I understand. C'mon Will! Woooo freedom!!" Bill yelled in joy, grabbing Will's hand and running into the portal. The portal closed, leaving Tad confused but still content. Afterall, no human can harm them, right?