Chapter 7 - New Sensations

The morning came gracefully as the sun shone over the island, cascading a warm glow all over. The salty fresh breeze tickled Natalia to awaken naturally. She was always used to waking up early as her mother instilled in her this habit and chided her that good young women didn't sleep past 8am. Natalia was not an early bird by heart but she appreciated the beauty and silence.

Natalia stretched on her bed and then made her way to the window barefoot, opening it to take a look outside. There were already some women near the shore riding on their horses and other women in the distance sparring with swords or practicing other combative skills.

Natalia looked over the island and smiled. It was such a beautiful view from her room and the weather made the morning even more splendid. Usually English mornings are cold and damp but there was something about this place that made Natalia feel like she was waking up in some Mediterranean village that no one could disturb.

She didn't know whether to feel excited or nervous for today but Natalia knew that she was going to be spending some time learning combat or to wield a sword, whatever they had in mind. She didn't understand why she couldn't have an easier transition to the island but then again, none of these women looked like they were the type to ease into things and lounge around. As Natalia was lost in her thoughts, she heard a knock on her door, with the same woman from yesterday entering with clothes and things to get ready with.

"Hello Natalia, how do you fare this morning? Did you have a restful slumber?" The graceful woman asked, as she placed her things on Natalia's bed.

"Yes, thank you I did. Everything about this place makes the day and night comfortable." Natalia smiled and came closer to where the woman was.

She had brought her a short baby blue dress for today, sandals that were tied upto her knees and simplistic jewellery and accessories to adorn her neck and hair. There was also a small bottle of perfume.

"What is your name, I never got the chance to ask yesterday?" Natalia asked the woman.

"Delias."

"Pleasure to meet you, Delias. You didn't have to bring me all of this."

Delias laughed softly. "My dear, it was the Queen's wish. Think nothing of it."

"Oh right." Natalia blushed and bit her lip. "The Queen is very kind."

"Her generosity knows no limits for ones she deems worthy of her love and appreciation." Delias smiles knowingly, looking at Natalia with inquisitive eyes. Natalia blushed. "I'll be back in a few moments to do your hair."

With that, Delias left Natalia to herself. The dress was like flowing silk against her body, waterfalling down her pale ivory skin. The neckline was also dangerously low for her, a V-neck exposing her breasts in an inviting manner. She wasn't used to wearing such short dresses with low necklines. Everything she wore back home was down to her ankles, with commonly a high neckline with a pendant necklace. Natalia looked at herself in the full mirror and laughed to herself.

If her mother ever saw her in this, she'd have a heart attack. She was sure the men around her town would probably as well, as even the prostitutes didn't even wear dresses to their knees. But she didn't care about that. All she wanted at the moment was to make the Queen happy.

Natalia put on the rest of the gold jewellery, a thin and long necklace and a golden wide belt that accentuated her hips even more. She took a bit of the perfume oil and rubbed it against her wrists and her neck. It was intoxicating - some dark mixture of jasmine, oud and gardenias. She felt like a princess even so early in the morning.

"You look wonderful Natalia. That dress suits you." Natalia heard Delias say behind her.

"Thank you Delias. It's a beautiful dress... I'm just it's wearer."