Chapter 2: Grand Reunion, The Trio Returns!

6 days until party...

Today our heroes are resting at home reading all the fan mail Ash has been sent, much to the dismay of the duo.

"Ugh there's so many letters... Why did we agree to read all these, they're all pretty much the same" says Ash in a bored expression.

"Pika..." Says Pikachu nodding in agreement.

"Don't get me wrong Pikachu, I'm glad that I have fans, but this is a little too much" Replies Ash.

(ring ring ring, ring ring ring, phone call, phone call, ring ring ring, ring ring ring, phone call phone call).

"A phone call? Is professor Oak really that excited to know if I want to be his assistant? I haven't even thought about it yet..." Says ash in disbelief as he picks up the line.

"Look Professor Oak, I need to think about your proposition before I-" Ash gets cut off.

"Do I look like an old geezer to you Ash Ketchum!!" Says a female voice on the other side of the line.

"Wait, that voice, its..." Ash looks up at the screen revealing a female with orange hair and yellow crop top with red suspenders.

"You have some nerve" says Misty on the other side of the screen.

"Misty!! How have you been!" Says Ash with a wide grin on his face.

"I was doing great before I was mistaken as an old man" says Misty still with some anger.

"Oh, sorry... I just thought it was Professor Oak asking about me being his assistant again hehe" says Ash apologetically.

"(Sigh) its fine, besides, We've come to tell you some good news!" Replies Misty in excitement.

"We?" Ash says in confusion.

"Yeah! Brock is here with me too!" Misty replies to Ash's confusion.

"Where is he?" Asks Ash even more confused.

Misty, looking around on screen finds Brock and walks off screen.

"Brock your supposed to be here talking with Ash too! Stop flirting with Nurse Joy and get your butt over here!" Says Misty returning to screen dragging Brock by the ear.

"But she was the best looking yet..." Says Brock with tears in his eyes.

"Brock!! How've you been!" Says Ash happy to see his long time male buddy.

"Ah Ash! So happy to see you!" Says Brock immediately cheering up "Sorry about that, you'd understand right Ash?" Asks Brock.

"Understand your love for girls? Or your love for Nurse Joy? Says Ash Smugly.

"My love for women! I know for a fact you've had a crush before Ash, remember that Giselle girl from that rich school?".

Ash, blushing in retaliation says "I did not and will not ever have a crush on her or anyone else ever!".

Brock knowing this is just a 10 year olds natural response immediately responds with "Sure, Sure, I'm very certain you'll carry that sentiment over in the future" in a smug manner, Misty giggling at Ash's dismay.

Ash, still blushing, asks them why they called "So why'd you guys call me? What's this good news Misty spoke of?".

"Oh yes that's right, we have both put ourselves down for vacation from gym leading until the end of the party, and will be showing up in pallet town in about a few hours!" Says Brock excitedly.