the garden

Before this chapter starts, I want to apologize for the delay. I've been super sick and havnt really had motivation to write, so I'm sorry if this chapter isn't too good. :)

Dani woke up with her alarm blaring in her ear, she groaned and threw the blanket off of her and got ready for the day. She put on a black long sleeve blouse tucked into some high waisted black jeans, and put on her black boots. She brushed her hair and her teeth then put her hair into a half up half down style.

Dani walked out of her room and banged on her brother's door to wake him up, knowing damn well he forgot to set an alarm. She heard groans from inside so she decided to twist the nob, and to her luck, he left his door unlocked. "Dumbass.." Dani mumbled to herself before walking in and
yanking the blankets off of Jax and started to shake him "wake up. You gotta make breakfast dumbass" He only groaned in response then rolled over and sat up. His hair was a tangled mess which made Dani sigh and walk out to grab her brush from her room, come back and brush his hair. She put his hair into a half up, half down bun just like hers. She patted his back, signaling that she was finished with his hair. "Now get up, brush your teeth, get dressed, and I'll clean the kitchen and dishes while you do that." He nodded and got up and headed to his closet.

Jax decided on his usual black jeans and a white button up with his black boots.

Dani finished cleaning rather quickly because Jax didn't seem to be too messy when he was cooking. Jax walked in and thought about what he was gonna make for breakfast, dani sat on a chair and decided to watch him cook because she had nothing else to do. It was still pretty early in the morning, considering they both had to get up earlier to get their work done.

Jax made something simple for breakfast: some breakfast sausage, eggs, and toast, he also made coffee for everyone. Dani had got up when she saw that he finished and got the food cart to put everything on it. She rolled it out into the dining room and set up the table. Everyone walked into the dining room and stood behind their chairs while waiting for papa.

Papa walked in and sat down at the end of the table and sat down, everyone else followed in suit. Jax served the food and then sat down. Everyone started eating and starting conversations here and there. "Papa, will we be too busy today?" Dani asked and cirrus smiled while taking a bite of her food. "We shouldn't be eh- too busy today, no." Dani smiled and looked over to cirrus "Okay, thank you"

Once everyone finished eating Dani cleaned up and went to the kitchen to do dishes. Cirrus walked in tapped danis shoulder, making her jump. "Sorry-" She laughed "I was wondering, when your finished, do you want to head to the garden? We can have a little picnic by a tree or something, then I'll show you around the garden" She smiled widely, and so did Dani as she dried her hands and turned around to look at cirrus. "I would love too! Would you like to come to my room and help me pick out an outfit?" Cirrus nods, her smile never leaving her face and they head to danis room.

Dani takes her key and unlocks the door and widens it so cirrus can walk in. She picked out a simple flowy brown dress that hung off the shoulders, it had long sleeves that slightly poofed at the bottom. Cirrus turned around so dani can get dressed, she slipped off her pants and shirt and then put on her dress then put on her Mary Jane's along with some white leg warmers and redid her hair so it looked better, still putting in into a half up half down ponytail. "I'm finished" Dani said with a smile "we should go to your room to get some clothes" Dani said and cirrus stood up. "Yeah, you look nice by the way" She said with a smile which made danis face heat up, she never was good at taking compliments. "o-oh thank you!" She stuttered.

The walk to cirrus' room wasn't long so they made small talk with each other, "what's your favorite flowers?" Cirrus asked while looking over to dani who was on her right. Dani hummed in thought, then looked to cirrus "I gotta say amaryllis. What's yours?" Cirrus smiled "ooo good choice, I honestly love spider lilies" Dani smiled widely "I love spider lillies, we had some in our garden" they continued to converse as they reached her room. Cirrus took out her key and walked in, she went to her closet to look look something to wear. She took out a white long sleeve button up and some black jeans with small rips in them along with a belt. Dani turned around to give her privacy just as cirrus had done with her. Cirrus put on her black boots and tucked in her shirt to her pants, she left some buttons undone at the top of her shirt "im finished, you like?" She said playfully with a spin which made Dani giggle "Yes! Stunning as always." They both were giggling as they walked through the halls to get outside. They bumped into swiss on their way out "where you guys heading?" Swiss stopped them both and sparked a conversation. After talking with him for about 5 minutes they went into a closet, looking for a thin blanket to use for their 'picnic' then they continued to make their way to the garden once they found one.

"This right here is my favorite spot to chill out whenever I'm free" Cirrus said with a smile while she led dani to her favorite spot. It was a tree by a little pond, beautiful flowers surrounding it. "I can see why you like it so much.. it's so beautiful and calming" Dani said while twirling around to look at her surroundings. Her and cirrus ended up sitting down the blanket, then sat on it and talked with each other for a while.  While they chatted, Dani picked some flowers to make cirrus a flower crown with. When she was finished she placed it carefully on cirrus' head. "This is beautiful thank you" Cirrus said with a warm smile.

Danis pov

Something about cirrus was just so calming to me, I'm so glad Jax and I have found such a loving and welcoming home. Me and cirrus sat there for a while just chatting and getting to know each other better, we asked questions which led to me finding out how life was when she was first summoned. "I was a little nervous at first, living in such a big place with so many people was new to me and it was overwhelming at first. When papa asked me to join his band I was shocked, I had always dreamt about being in their band while terzo was still papa, now here I am-" She giggled on the last part. I found myself just staring at her in awe, she was probably one of the most pretty girls I've ever seen. "Well, I cannot wait to go to my first ritual and see you in action! I bet your amazing- what do you play or do exactly?" I asked " I play the keyboard, I also have a solo in the song 'mummy dust' with my keytar" my eyebrows lifted "That's amazing! Do you enjoy it?" Cirrus nodded "I love it, something about being on stage is just so.. ah I don't know how to describe it, it's a 'you gotta experience it to know it' type deal you know?" I nodded with a smile, I could listen to her talk all day..

After chatting for a while we got up and she took me to where she was growing things. She had her little spot where she would grow her own stuff and nobody would mess with it. She told me to turn around, which I did. I heard her pick something and then tell me to turn back around and when I did, she was holding a beautiful deep red amarylli. She extended her hand and gave me the gorgeous flower and I felt my cheeks heat up. Maybe this was just because I hadn't really got this much affection from someone before, but I was swooning hard.

End of pov

As much as they both hated for it to end, they had work to do. It was almost lunch time and dani had to clean the dishes from breakfast. "I had such a nice time today, thank you for that and thank you for making me feel so welcome here." Dani opened her arms for a hug which cirrus accepted, burying her face into danis neck. "Anytime darling. I enjoyed today too, maybe we can hang out like that again some other time?" Dani nodded eagerly with reddened cheeks at the name before they both split ways, dani going to clean and cirrus going to practice.

1564 words, I was gonna make this chapter longer but I didn't want to make you guys wait any longer, I felt bad 😭. But I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, please leave any suggestion to help my writing or ideas for the next chapter if you have any!