the book + sleepover

1 weak time skip + danis pov

I was called to Ms imperators office, and I'm not going to lie.. I was scared shitless, that women is scary. While I was walking down the hall I was thinking about all the things I mightve done wrong. 'Did I not clean good enough? Did she catch me and cirrus stealing cookies from the upper clergys lounge? Did she-' I was ripped from my thoughts as I stood right in front of the highest sisters door, the head of this church. I slowly lifted my fist to knock, hesitating at first. I gathered up my courage and took a deep breath before knocking on her door 3 times. The loud oak door echoing down the halls.

I swallowed nervously as I heard "enter" from the other side of the big door. I took one last deep breath while putting my hand on the nob and twisting it. As I pushed it open and walked in I stood in front of her desk and held my hands together behind my back. "Hello sister, you needed something?" I said, trying to sound as confident as possible. "Please take a seat" She motioned for me to sit at the chair in front of her desk, I obeyed and sat down, tucking my skirt under me before doing so.

"I should've done this a lot sooner, please forgive me, for I have been busy." She stood up from her chair and went over the a book shelf she had in her office, grabbing a book then sitting it in front of me before sitting back in her chair "This is a book with information about the ghouls in it, I suggest you read through it for safety reasons. I don't want you to harbor any negative feelings towards the ghouls but I do want you to be cautious when it comes to them. They aren't like us humans, they are from hell and they can be dangerous at times when they feel it is necessary. Please read through it as soon as possible."  My eyebrows pinched together in worried confusion, but i still grabbed the book and flipped it open to read the chapters

1) simple ghoul facts
2)ghoul types
3)ghouls and their powers
4)ghouls and moons
5)ghouls and mates
6)mate bonds
7)human and ghoul bonds

And so on.

"I'll be sure to read through it when I have the time. Anything else?" I asked while closing the book. "Yes, actually. Since you are the maid, you'll need keys to access the rooms in the basement. like I said before, I should've done this sooner but I've been busy lately." I watched as she opened the bottom drawer of her desk and pull out a keyring that had plenty of keys on it. She slid them over to me before speaking "that is all. Don't lose any of the keys, it is a pain getting copies." I nodded before grabbing the keyring and book that she had gave me and heading out and back down the hall.

On my way back to the basement i was checking my phone, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, causing me to bump into someone and drop all my stuff. "Fuck" I mumbled slightly to myself "im so sorry" I hurried and bent down to grab the stuff I dropped and looked up to see the person I bumped into, a sister of sin. "No no, it's fine! I wasn't paying attention either.." she chuckled nervously "are you okay?" She asked me and I nodded, standing up with all of my stuff. She had on her sister of sin uniform and had beautiful dark makeup on, she also wore prescription glasses. "I never seen you around here, are you new?" I cleared my throat before I spoke "um- yes, yes I'm new. I've only been here for about 2 weeks I think. I'm the maid for the ghouls!" I out my hand out but she just stood there and stared at me with a shocked look. "The ghouls? Isn't it scary being so close to them? You know they're dangerous right..?" My eyebrows pinched together in confusion "what do you mean?" I asked, lowering my hand that I offered to her previously. "They are dangerous creatures.. 2 years back, my friend got attacked by one of those.. things" I gave her a weird look before speaking "they are super sweet though? Was it any of the ghouls that are here now?" I asked, not wanting to believe that the ghouls, who are my friends, are bad people. "Uhm.. no, the ghoul that did it got sent back to hell. I'm pretty sure they replaced him with a ghoulette." I scoffed slightly "Well, none of the current ghouls would do anything to harm anyone, they are the sweetest and have been so welcoming to me and my brother. Let's say you got attacked by another human, that doesn't make every other human bad, does it? It doesn't mean every other human you come in contact with will attack you, Right?" She nodded softly, looking at me with slight discust "sorry-" I rolled my eyes at myself "anyway.. uhm- I'm sorry your friend was attacked, imma go." I said, slightly embarrassed while walking off to continue going to the basement.

Cirrus' pov

I was looking for dani, until I hear he basement door slam shut so I made my way to the stairs, seeing dani quickly walking down them. "Dani! I was looking for you!" I said and she jumped slightly "Oh, hi cirrus! I was just about to put these things in my room if you wanted to come with me. We can walk and talk?" I nodded and we headed towards her room. "So I was wodering.. would you like to have a sleepover in my room tonight? I don't know, it just seems like a cool idea and I've had so much fun hanging out with you this past week and.. I don't know-" I stared rambling, and I felt like I had just embarrassed myself. I'm not usually this awkward, I don't know why it's different with her. She just laughed, making me think I actually did make a fool of myself. "Are you nervous cirrus? What's making you so nervous?" I felt my face heat up, why was I so nervous? Why did she  make me so nervous? This couldn't be what I thought it was... right? "I'm not nervous! Now answer my question!" I acted more confident as I nudged her "Yes, I would love to have a sleepover in your room" She playfully rolled her eyes "so demanding" she joked with a smirk.

Nobody's pov

Dinner had just finished and dani cleaned up. She went to her room to brush her teeth and put her hair in a bun and put on more comfortable clothes before heading down the hall to cirrus' room. She knocked and waited for the door to open. Cirrus swung the door open and pulled dani inside which made her yelp. "Ready to have some fun?" She said while looking at dani with playful eyes as she wiggled her eyebrows up and down, making dani throw her head back with a laugh.

Cirrus threw herself onto her bed and sat crisscross, dani followed and did the same thing. "Oh! I have a question, it's kinda been on my mind since I've got here." Cirru tilted her head to the side, signaling for her to ask the question "so.. are your masks mandatory?" Cirrus chuckled softly "yes they are, the only people who are allowed to see our faces are our summoners and our mates, and other ghouls of course. " that made dani a little disappointed, but she did remember the chapter 'ghouls and mates'. She would have to read that book when she goes back to her room. "What are mates exactly?" Dani asked as she scooted closer with her elbows leaning on her knees. Cirrus chuckled nervously before speaking "mates are.. I'm not sure how to explain it-" She giggled softly "-Mates are someone we feel a pull to, who we are bound to be with.. if that makes any sense, I guess you can say it's kind of like a soulmate?" 
Dani hummed in interest "Oh okay, do you have a mate?" She didn't think before speaking. Cirrus blushed slightly "I'm not sure.. it's confusing right now. I've never had a mate, so I dont know if what I'm feeling is a pull or not.." she chuckled nervously once again "can humans feel the pull?"  Dani asked shamelessly "uhm, I think so, if they are mated to a ghoul" Dani blushed, is that what she was feeling..? She shook her head to rid any thoughts. She clasped her hands together "Let's listen to music!"

Cirrus got up and played her favorite songs, they got up and danced around together, singing along with the songs. They were laughing, smiling, having a good time and enjoying each other's presences.

Dani jokingly collapsed onto the bed,being overdramatic, she was out of breath from all the dancing, cirrus did the same thing and layed on her back next to her. She looked over to dani and smiled before looking back up to the ceiling. They decided on turning on a movie and laying down.

Dani ended up falling asleep halfway through the movie with her head on cirrus' shoulder. Cirrus smiled before lifting her head and gently laying it on the pillow. She then layed down and slowly drifted to sleep.
-

1607 words! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, dani is gonna learn more about the ghouls in the book she got.

I was thinking about showing how Dani and jax' relationships with all the other ghouls are like in the next chapter but I'm not really sure how I'm gonna do that, so if you have any ideas please comment them!<3