Chicago

For the past couple weeks I stopped spending time with Mike. We avoided each other, and on the bus Lydia and Yauch started sitting with me. We were now headed to a show in Chicago. This show was a really big one and I could tell everyone was excited for it. Everyone except Patty.

As time passed Patty seemed to be arguing with Adam more and more. She'd come back from his hotel room and tell us everything. It all started when Patty complained about all the girls backstage at the shows. Adam explained that those were fans and that's just how it was going to be while they were on tour. Then Adam got mad at Patty for flirting with one of the members of the band opening for the boys. Patty claimed she only did it because Adam was flirting with all the groupies. They argue nearly everyday about it but still find time to make out in front of everyone on the bus. It was starting to irritate everyone.

Even though there are constant girls backstage and at parties, I've yet to see Mike with another girl. I thought maybe after our conversation he would have given up and decided to sleep with whoever. But he hasn't, which made it even harder for me to ignore him. Luckily Lydia made it easy. She practically screamed at him anytime he tried to come to our hotel room. Lydia was now one of my closest friends. I spoke to her more than I spoke to Patty. Her, Sherry, and Yauch were mainly the people I spent time with.

"Do ya think after the show we could see a musical?" Lydia asked. Yauch and I looked at her like she was crazy.

"A musical?" Yauch scoffed. Lydia rolled her eyes and sat back down in her seat.

"So what?" She frowned. "I like musicals."

"What are we gonna watch Shakespeare?" He smiled.

"That's a play," Lydia glared at him.

"What about West Side Story?" I snickered.

"Oh I know that one!" Yauch grinned. "I watched that movie with my mom."

"That one's racist," Lydia sneered.

"How?" Yauch blinked.

"How?" Lydia laughed. "Instead of getting actual Hispanics as the sharks, they painted white actors' faces brown."

"They did not," Yauch's mouth hung open.

"Yes they did," Lydia nodded. Yauch looked like he went through every phase of grief at the same time. He covered his head.

"What am I gonna tell my mom?" He cried.

"Watch Guys n' Dolls instead," I shrugged.

"Or the Sound of Music," Lydia blinked. Yauch continued to whine.

"I need a cigarette," He weeped. He looked up at us with a pleading face.

"Don't look at me," I shrugged. "I don't smoke."

"I left my cigarettes in the hotel room," Lydia huffed. Yauch got up to check the back of the bus.

"I've got cigarettes in my bag," Adam said. Yauch nodded as he walked to the seat in front of Adam and reached into his bag.

"Hurry up!" Lydia yelled at him. Yauch quickly pulled out a pack of cigarettes and walked back over. He pulled one out and lit it up with a lighter. "Gimme one."

"I gotcha," Yauch pulled out another one passing it over to Lydia. He slid the pack down to me. "Can you hold onto this Lane?"

"Why?" I laughed.

"I might need one at the show and I can't take it on stage," He said. "Plus you've got all those pockets." I looked down at my baggy cargo pants.

"Fair enough," I shrugged before putting the pack in my pocket. As Lydia lit up her cigarette there was a sudden stop. We had parked next to the stadium.