Ad Rock

Mike and I had been officially dating for about a week. I haven't broadcasted yet since that one time. I wanted to make a plan and move all my tapes to the station before I worried about broadcasting. It was nice though. I don't think anyone listened to the song I played but it was fun to play it and dance with Mike.

Yauch called Lydia and me up later that week. He invited us to stay the night over at their new home. Mike told me it was super nice and that I'd get to stay in his room. Lydia and I were both excited, especially since it'd be the first time seeing Adam in a while. We packed small bags as Yauch came to pick us up that night. Lydia insisted on sitting in the front seat so for the whole ride I simply sat back and listened to her and Yauch argue over stupid things. It was weird to see this playing out... exactly like it did on tour. We were missing Sherry though. I wonder where she was.

The place was big. And I mean big. Lydia and I were appalled by it's size. It was like a mansion.

"How the hell did you guys afford this?" Lydia scoffed.

"We signed a record deal," Yauch blinked. "And we're only renting it."

"My god," She shook her head as Yauch took us in. Mike and Adam were waiting out in the foyer as we walked in.

"I have returned," Yauch said. "And I brought the lovely ladies with me." Adam grinned as he got up from his seat.

"Lydia," He smiled at her as he gave her a quick hug. Mike followed slowly after him. "I missed you."

"I bet you did," She scoffed. When they pulled away he moved onto me.

"Lane," He gushed, hugging me as well. I was surprised by how friendly he was.

"Hey Adam," I giggled.

"Oh man I missed New York," He sighed.

"Well how was Hollywood?" Lydia asked. Adam turned to talk to her as Mike made his way towards me.

"Hi Mike," I smirked at him as he gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"How are you?" He asked quietly as Adam and Lydia began to ramble on about acting.

"I'm good," I grabbed onto his hand. "I moved all my tapes to the station."

"Good," He chuckled. "Can't wait for you to start broadcasting."

"Can't wait for you to start recording," I shrugged.

"Soon," He nodded.

"We've got a new recording studio," Yauch cut in. I had forgotten he was even there.

"Oh yeah?" I tilted my head.

"It's nice," Mike beamed.

"I'm excited for you guys to start making music again," I gushed.

"Same," Yauch nodded. "This is gonna be big."

"Yeah," Mike agreed.

"I'm gonna go get us some drinks," Yauch said finally.

"We definitely need it," I laughed. Yauch smiled at me before walking off. Adam and Lydia were still in a deep conversation about some sort of Hollywood theory.

"Want me to take your bag?" Mike asked. I suddenly remembered I was holding one.

"Uh sure.." I blinked. "Is there a room for me?"

"Well we have a few guest rooms," He explained. "But you can stay in my room if you want."

"That'd be nice," I scoffed. "As long as you don't leave marks on me again."