The End

July 25th, 1989
Brooklyn New York

"Good morning Brooklyn!" I beamed. "Today is a gorgeous sunny day! I am so excited to tell you that the Beastie Boys have just released their new album Paul's Boutique! Here to talk about it, is Michael Diamond, Adam Yauch, and Adam Horovitz, also known as, Mike D, MCA, and Ad Rock. Welcome guys!"

"Thanks for having us Lane," Yauch said into the mic.

"Anytime," I smiled. "You're like family to me." Mike smirked at me as I laughed into my hand. "So.." I continued. "What would you guys say is different about this album, compared to the last?"

"Well Lane.." Adam said. "I think we all can agree that we had much more control over this album."

"Yeah we definitely had more creative freedom," Mike nodded.

"Um.. we really just put more of ourselves into this," Adam explained. "It's just more.. us than the the last album, if you know what I mean."

"Of course," I smiled. "So how about genre wise.. would you say this is at all different?"

"Oh of course," Adam blinked. "I mean... it's obviously still hip hop.."

"Yeah," Mike agreed.

"We just moved away from the frat boy vibes," Yauch chuckled.

"This is definitely a little more funky," Adam sniffed.

"So, let's talk about the cover," I said. "What inspired this cover photo?"

"Well this boutique was a place we found," Yauch said. "And a buddy of mine had this cool camera that could take a 360 degree photo. I actually took the photo."

"Oh that's really cool," I grinned.

"Yeah we were really just interested in capturing something from New York," Adam explained.

"We ended up really digging this photo," Yauch blinked.

"Awesome," I looked down at my list of questions. "So... are there any songs on this album that stand out?" I asked.

"Uh.." Mike looked over at Yauch and Adam.

"I mean.. I don't know," Adam shrugged. "I think they all kind of work together. I really like most of the songs on this album and I because of all the effort we put in it's just hard to pick one favorite."

"Did you have a favorite?" Yauch asked me.

"Well after hearing all the songs..." I began. "I must say.. Hey Ladies was my favorite."

"Oh really?" Adam raised an eyebrow. "We actually have a music video for that song."

"Yeah?" I tilted my head. Mike covered his face in his hand.

"I think you'll like it," Adam smirked.

"I'm sure I will," I chuckled. "Well thanks so much for stopping by guys!"

"No problem," Yauch smiled.

"Anytime," Adam agreed.

"And if any of you would like to purchase your own copy of Paul's Boutque you can order it online, from this station. That's 714-712-4072. And pick up at Station 98.8 Brooklyn New York. Thank you and please enjoy this next song!"

As Adam and Yauch got up to leave, Mike stayed behind.

"Ya know," He hummed. "It means a lot to me that you're advertising this album."

"Of course," I grinned. "I'd do anything for you."

"Look Lane I've been thinking," He sighed.

"What's up?" I turned to him, slightly concerned.

"Lane maybe we should get an apartment together," He suggested.

"Really?" I blinked.

"Yeah," He nodded. "I mean... with Lydia away with Sherry... maybe this is perfect for us."

"Would it be in Brooklyn?" I asked.

"Of course," He grinned. "It'll be nice too."

"Could we get a cat?!" I gasped. "I've always wanted one!"

"Whatever you want," He laughed. "Lane I think you're the love of my life."

"Mike," I gushed, pulling him into a tight hug. "You should write me a love song."

"I already have," He blinked. I pulled away and gave him a questioning look. "She's Crafty."

"Oh shut up," I playfully punched him before he leaned in to kiss me. I knew now that this was perfect. This is all I needed.

To think that a tour so horrible would end in something so wonderful. I was the happiest I've ever been and it's all because of my old friend Patty. Maybe being outgoing wasn't so bad. I wouldn't be here, in love, if it weren't for going to the after party of a show. There are a lot of things in life I will regret, but I will never regret this.

The End.

Author's Notes: okay so this is just something I've been working on for about a month. I randomly got super into the Beastie Boys and there weren't enough fan fictions out for them so here this was. I just want you all to know that I am no way an expert when it comes to the Beastie Boys. Some of this could be insanely inaccurate and not at all like the people they really were. This was just something I wanted to write for fun and for people to enjoy. I am also not from the 80s so this could 100% be inaccurate to how the 80s were. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed this! ❤️
Btw I intend to write more fan fictions in the future!