Lydia

The morning was nice. Mike and I were able to wake up without Russel banging on the door. We ended up sleeping in late and got a call from Yauch telling Mike to drop me off at the apartment soon. Adam was coming soon and Yauch already started renting out the new place. It was some kind of mansion from the way he had mentioned it before.

As Mike drove me home I couldn't help but feel sad. He noticed that since I wasn't really talking much.

"What's up?" Mike asked. I blinked looking back at him.

"Huh?" I shook my head.

"You're all gloomy," He shrugged. "Is it cause of Yauch?"

"Yeah," I shrugged. "I don't know.. I'm just gonna miss him."

"We won't be renting out that place for forever," Mike sighed. "But I'm sure he'll come and visit you whenever. Plus, you can always stay over when you don't have work."

"Won't you all be busy with recording?" I frowned.

"We'll have time for you," He chuckled. I smiled to myself as we continued to drive on. With all the thinking about Yauch I had forgotten to think about last night.

"Hey Mike?" I glanced over at him as he kept his eyes on the road.

"Yeah?" He nodded.

"Thanks for having me over," I grinned. Mike smiled at me.

"Of course," He beamed.

"I had a nice time last night," I smirked.

"Well the neighbors sure know," He joked. My face turned red.

"I wasn't loud was I?" I groaned into my hands.

"I mean.. not crazy loud," He teased me. "Not louder than you were in the hotel room."

"Oh you're a jerk," I jokingly hit him in the arm.

"What?" He scoffed. "You seemed like you were having fun at least."

"Oh and you weren't?" I rolled my eyes. Mike chuckled to himself before pulling to the side of the road, outside my apartment. "You gonna come in?" I asked him.

"Nope," He shook his head. "I've got to get started on moving too."

"Oh right," I scoffed. I looked over at him as he laid his hand on the wheel. "Bye then." I leaned in to give him a small kiss.

"Bye," He smiled after I pulled away. I left the car and started heading up my apartment stairs.

When I was outside the door I heard chatter from inside. I thought maybe it was Yauch and a friend but one of the voices was a girl. Did Yauch have a girl over? I debated whether it was safe to open the door. I decided to just go for it and hope he didn't have some sort of hooker over.

"Oh hey Lane," Yauch turned and grinned at me. I stood in shock as I looked forward. Lydia stood in my kitchen, talking with Yauch. She looked different. She looked slightly older and she had no makeup on. Her hair was bigger and still curly. She had on a heavy heavy coat and an excited smile.

"Lydia!" I gasped, running forward and pulling her into a hug.

"Oh Lane!" She gushed, wrapping her arms around me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked while still hugging her.

"Ask Yauch over here," She said. We finally pulled apart as my mouth hung open. I was trying to process it all. I turned to Yauch.

"What's she doing here?" I blinked.

"Well.." He had a smirk on his face. "Since I'm moving out.. I thought maybe you'd be lonely. I called up Lydia last month and she was planning on coming to New York to try out some Broadway theater. I told her she could come live here and I thought it'd be a surprise."