Manhatten Date

A/N: This one has some smut in it! Be warned 🙏

I began to move in my new radio equipment. Claire gave me a small lesson on how to use it all. The place was nearly done, even though there were no cassette tapes yet. I kept forgetting to bring them. It was all starting to come together and even though I was stressed , I was more than excited for it to all work out.

Mike and I agreed to go on a real date tonight. He told me he wanted to take me out to where he lives. I didn't go very far out in Manhattan and he wanted to show me the parts where he lived in.

I wore a small brown skirt with a sweater and jacket. It was still cold out and I wanted to be warm if we were going to be walking around. Adam was sound asleep by 7, when Mike came to pick me up. I had just finished my shift at the diner and would be free for the rest of today and tomorrow morning. We didn't exactly talk about it.. but I thought maybe I'd be spending the night at Mike's apartment. He told me how he lives alone right now.

I hopped into Mike's car as he turned the radio down. He looked me up and down with a smile.

"You look cute," He gushed.

"Thank you," I grinned. Mike started driving the car down past the street. "Where we headed first?"

"There's a really cool music store," He began. "It's only open after sunset so I wanna show you that."

"Cool," I smiled. "I could always use more cassettes for when I start broadcasting."

"You excited?" He smirked.

"Of course," I scoffed. "And ya know what? I can promote your guys' new album."

"You'd do that?" Mike asked.

"Yeah," I nodded. "I mean.. it'll cost you 2 grand of course."

"Oh really," Mike rolled his eyes.

"Hey," I laughed. "My stations a big deal."

"Clearly," He raised his eyebrows. I gave him a playful punch as he turned the radio up.

After 15 minutes of driving, Mike pulled up to the back of a building. There was a door with lights shining through the cracks. He safely parked the car as we got out.

"I bet this place gets tons of customers," I said sarcastically.

"You'd be surprised," He carefully opened up the door as we walked in. The room was lit up with fairy lights all along the walls. It was a brick room and there were bins and shelves full of albums. In the corner was a small stage where a man with a guitar sat performing. Some people were gathered around, watching the man play, some were walking around looking at all the music.

"Wow.." I blinked, trying to take in how nice it all looked.

"Mike D!" A guy laughed, walking up towards us. He had a beanie on and baggy sweats. Mike shook his hand as they patted each other on the back.

"Lenny," Mike grinned. The man turned to me with a smile.

"Who'd ya bring with you?" He pointed at me.

"This is Lane," He introduced me. The man stuck his hand out.

"I'm Lenny," He nodded. I quickly took his hand, shaking it.

"Nice to meet you," I gushed.

"Mike's always coming in here alone," Lenny teased him. "It's about time he brought a lady."

"Oh shut up," Mike chuckled. "We're gonna go look around."

"Okay I'll stop bothering you," He shook his head as we walked past him.