Planning For Your Soulmate

No POV

Turns that 'mission' was actually planning for a date. The crystal gems had been wanting to get Steve, Steven and Y/n together for who knows how long. Today was that day. Steven, Steve and the others were going to plan a date.

"They might freak out if you ask her to marry you." Amythyst said, patting Steven on the back, who had already started to panic. "Take it slow." she said softly. Pink Steven smiled at Garnet. "Do you think this will go okay?" he asked, taking her by surprise.

"95.9% suggests rate, don't worry." she says, awkwardly patting Steve on the head. He chuckled at the act. Garnet crouched down next to him and asked, "You know who'll have good dating advice?" he thought for a moment before saying, "Sapphire and Ruby!" she nods and unfuses.

Steve had stars in his eyes. "D-Did we make a good first impression?" Ruby stuttered, and he laughed, "Oh Ruby, you already know me." his voice sounded fond of the two; nice, warm, and caring, unlike that empty void he usually maintained.

They jumped into his arms. "Don't you dare quote us." Sapphire jokes, and Steve just smiles, "Man, I missed you guys." he mutters, and their pupils form into stars. "You still have to add a secret part of the date for Steven." Ruby whispers in his ear, and he says, "Oh! Your right! Steven will know about this part for Y/n, but he'll have nothing just for him."

And so, they start planning. Everyone agreed for the overall date that it would be in the trunk of the Dondi. Then, they could look at the stars. Probably in an open field near the barn for a better view. It would be a picnic like last time, but foods that could be cooked with the portable grill in the backseat.

Adding some flowers to make it look nice, they were overall done. Then, away from Steven and the original group, Ruby and Sapphire (along with Steve) started their plan. A surprise for Steven. They all decided it would be best to do something like a gift, but they didn't know what.

It took them a good four hours, but eventually they found something. Steven had always loved roses and plants, even if it brought up bad memories or his mom. They contacted Peridot and asked her to make a customizable water system for all the plants in his garden so he wouldn't have to worry about them.

Steve knew that this hobby was unhealthy in general, so finding something to do that hobby for him was a great help. Now, they just needed to find a new hobby for Steven. They searched for another couple hours, then Steve realized: Steven never had any of his songs recorded.

Steven had no microphones or any sort of recording equipment. So, they spent a couple thousand dollars on stuff for Steven, then stuck it in the trunk with a note, 'Hey, maybe play us a song?  -- Steve' it said. "It's perfect." Steve sighed in accomplishment.

Ruby and Sapphire fused. "So?" Garnet asked, "How was it?" Steve gave her a thumbs up, saying, "Great. Thanks Garnet!" and he skipped off happily. Garnet had to try not to squeal at the cuteness, already failing at keeping at straight face like she usually does.

Steven, who had broken off with Amythyst, was thinking of stuff to give Steve. After some struggles and fighting, they decided to get Steve a phone and some new pens. The pen pack came in silver, gold, emerald, sapphire, ruby, and black. They were all a nice, glittery color.

Better than the boring Pink and F/c pen that Steven and Y/n had.

The phone had a picture (that Amythyst had sent him) of himself and Steve, and it made him smile. It didn't look real, but it was still fitting. It also had Steven, Y/n, Pearl, Amythyst, and Connie's number. In the notes app, a message read, 'Have fun! -- Steven' "Amythyst, you're a genius." he says happily, putting the now wrapped present in the backseat and in a cup holder.

Pearl wasn't in the planning group. She was actually gone the whole time. When Y/n's school was over, she had gone and picked them up to plan for Steven and Steve. It was a fool-proof plan. Pearl had told Y/n that they were in a warpable area, so maybe they could warp to mask island to go swimming?

Pearl had told them that Amythyst had gone with Steve not too long ago, but they didn't go swimming. Y/n just shrugged and went with it. Then, Y/n decided to draw Steven and Steve. They were a decent artist, so they sent it to Amythyst for her plan.

(It was the picture up top btw. I know you might be mad that im using duplicate picture from another story. Deal w/ it!)

Just like that, the date was ready.