𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 6

"I'm so glad you're back" I heard him say, I lightly giggled at the sweet words. The knot in my stomach only grew with every single lovely thing they did for me, listening to me, staring, giving gifts. It felt like a dream.

Y/N POV–

I fluttered my eyes open and felt a terrible headache. I groaned as I sat up in my mat. This was all by the one sip i had of Ra'e tea, never again.

I looked down at my wrists and saw the bracelet Rotxo gave me last night. That's right, I was out with him and the rest of the group during the night, how did I make it back to my hut?

I slowly got on my feet, I let out a big sigh before walking out of my room. There was no one in the hut so I'm guessing that they're all out in the village for their duties. I grabbed a purple fruit and ran out of my hut.

I adjusted my eyes to the light and just as I thought, everyone was going around doing their chores. I decided to help my mother with the baskets before training with my friends. Today I'm planning on showing them our Spirit Tree.

Short Timeskip

Neteyam POV–

We were following Y/N, we didn't know what she had planned for us, she didn't tell us anything.

I noticed the bracelet on her wrist and realized it looked oddly familiar. 'Where did she get it?' I thought to myself.

We all stopped walking and stood behind Y/N, we were in a cliff.

"Why are we here, Y/N?" Kiri asked. Y/N turned around and smiled towards us "The real path hides in the shadows, you must open your eyes" She spoke softly, none of us really understood what she meant.

It was almost eclipse, we didn't know why she wanted to come here when it was almost night, but we didn't question it.

Then, just as eclipse arrived, Y/N ran and jumped off the cliff.

"Y/N!!" We screamed in horror. We got on the edge of the cliff to see where she went, we saw her grabbing a white glowing vine and slidding smoothly to the ground. I relaxed my figure once I saw she was alright.

"Hides in the shadows.. we can only see this at night! That's smart" Kiri said and withouth hesitation, she jumped off the cliff and grabbed the glowing vine.

Soon we all jumped too and grabbed the vine to get to the ground. While Y/N landed gracefully, Lo'ak, Ao'nung and Rotxo almost fell face first against the ground.

Y/N POV–

"This is the 'Memories Bayou' here lies our Spirit tree and our ancestors. We can see the past of our land. This place has been here since before our birth, and will continue to be here after our death" I said softly as I walked through the bioluminescent purple water towards the beautiful Spirit Tree.

It was glowing white, many spiritual guides played around the trunk of the tree. This is the place where they are born so they also rested here during the night.

Once I got close enough, the glowing white vines of the tree surrounded us, it was a beautiful contrast, white from the tree, blue of the sky and purple of the water.

"This place is special for my family.. this is the place where my mom and dad became one" I said softly with a gentle smile, memories of their love story flooded my mind.

I grabbed my queue and gently connected it to one of the vines. My pupils dilated as the connection was made.

My mind wandered around memories before it stopped at the forest. I know what this is.

I was a ghost in my memories, I walked before I found my 12 year old self, sitting in the border of the forest. Waiting for someone.

That's when a red Na'vi came into my view. Oh how I remember him.

He crouched next to me, the only thing separating us was the border.

I got closer to hear the two of us speaking, I looked at his eyes, those yellow eyes that once had me so mesmerized.

I saw my smile while speaking to him, I was happy while being around him. This Sun Na'vi really got the best out of me.

But when my younger self didn't notice, I saw his worried look. He looked back and I saw those three adult Sun Na'vis, they grabbed him and forcefully dragged him away.

I heard his cries for help, I tried reaching out to him, my younger self trembled as her hands tried to reach him. But stopped once she met the end of the shadows, she knew the dangers.

I knew the dangers.

My eyes opened as I detached my queue from the white vine.

After that day, I waited for him in our spot, hoping to see him once more.

But I knew it was far too good to be true, I never saw him. again and eventually I fell out of love.

I looked around and saw everyone smiling as they had ther queues attached to the vines.

I smiled at the view, that's right.

I spent far too much time wandering off, my mind constantly repeating the memory.

I almost forgot where my real happiness lied.

Sleeping next to my brother, Atohi, when I got scared of the noises outside. And when he helped me tame my gryphon.

My father and his hugs, my mother and her gentle voice.

And now them. My friends.

They light the same type of fire in my chest that he used to light. That odd feeling in my stomach that he made me feel, now it's them.

I'm not dumb, I knew what I was starting to feel. I liked it

But at the same time it felt wrong to like all of them, it felt like lying to myself. But I knew they all sparked the same inside of me.

I was willing to try, for them.

We were all walking back to the village, laughing among ourselves and living in the moment.

Here I felt alright, they made me feel alright.

Sooner or later though, you always have to wake up.