𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 11

Neteyam POV–

While our parents talked to each other we were all out hunting, requested by the chief.

Atohi joined us soon and we went past the border.

"Hey, how come you can go out in the sun?" Lo'ak asked Atohi.

"Well, hunters start training while they're young. Not a lot of creatures hide in our forest so we have to expand our options. We train under the sun so our skin doesn't get hurt in the process of hunting. But even like that, after a long while of being in the sun we still get hurt" Atohi said

"Oh, so that explains it" Rotxo said and we went on with our hunt.

We were back to the village by eclipse, we were talking as we reached the chief's hut but before we could walk in, we saw Kabarish carrying Y/N's body. We instantly grew worried.

We all sprinted towards Kabarish, following him into his hut.

"Dad! What happened to Y/N?!" Atohi asked, panicking more than the rest of us.

"I found her in the forest unconscious, I need to get her to your mother" Kabarish said firmly, clearly worried too.

We got inside the hut and Dyani looked at us, her face grew worried once she saw her daughter.

Kabarish gently placed Y/N in a mat and Dyani kneeled next to her, inspecting her injuries.

"Her forehead is bloody.. and her body has handprints. Red handprints" Dyani said and her expression turned to anger.

"The Sun Na'vis crossed the border! They harmed my daughter!" Dyani yelled, Kabarish and Atohi tensed and just a couple of seconds later they got angry too.

We were confused, extremely confused.

"Who are the Sun Na'vis?" I asked, they all turned to me.

Dyani kneeled next to Y/N to treat her while Atohi and Kabarish lightly shoved us outside.

We looked at them confused.

"The Sun Na'vis live far from this place, many hours after crossing the border of the forest into the dessert." Atohi started.

"Many years ago, when my father was still Olo'eyktan he made peace with their clan. War was over once both leaders agreed" Kabarish said firmly.

"But how did Dyani know that a Sun Na'vi did that?" Lo'ak asked.

Then Atohi showed us his hand. "Their touch harms us. Since they're Sun Na'vis they harm our skin if they touch it. Of course, hunters are more resistant to it but Y/N clearly isn't" Atohi said.

"And the attack was very planned, they left her bleeding and her skin burning by every second that passed" Kabarish said sternly.

Anger grew on all of us.

"They officially set our peace deal off" Kabarish said as Atohi nodded to his words.

Y/N POV–

I fluttered my eyes open and lightly groaned, my head hurted.

I saw my mother sit next to me and gently caress my forehead.

"Take it easy now.. how are you feeling my dear?" She asked softly.

I moved so I could be sitting. "My head hurts.. but it's not so bad" I said softly.

My mom smiled at me and kiss the top of my head. "You will be okay, the injury wasn't deep. For now just rest here, I'll get you something to eat and drink" My mom said.

I simply nodded and waited as she went to get everything she mentioned.

I felt ashamed of myself.

Whenever friendly duels were held in the village, I always won.

And whenever I went hunting inside the forest, it was always successful.

So why have I been getting more injuries lately?

I've let my guard down since they arrived.

I can't allow myself to get lazy. It's my sworn duty to protect my people.

Once I get back on my feet, I'll take a few days to myself.

To train, so I don't get weak overtime.

"I know that look, you're thinking bad about yourself" I heard my mom say as she sat next to me with food.

I grabbed some fruit and started eating. I swallowed my food to talk.

"I can't get weak, I need to protect my people" I said softly as I allowed myself to relax.

"You can't protect the people if you go past your limit too much. You know you're strong darling" My mom said, moving some of my hair out of the way.

"You know, I'll tell you a secret" My mom started, this got my attention. "Before I became a mated pair with Kabarish, I was very strong and hot-headed. I wasn't afraid to speak up" she said, grabbing a fruit as she spoke.

"But when I started a friendship with your father, I noticed he wasn't outgoing and loud, even if he was the chief's son, he was very lowkey" she kept going with a gentle smile.

"His friends usually mentioned that and made fun of him for being like that. But when I heard them say all those things to Kabarish, I couldn't resist and I yelled at all of them, I even beat one of them up" Mom said with a little laugh.

"Since that day he relied on my presence and I soon relied on his. I never met a man like him, so gentle and sweet. I thought I would be a bad influence because of my usual behavior, but soon he revealed that he fell in love because of that same reason" Mom said with a gentle smile.

I smiled at her words, imagining how they were when they were younger.

"We complemented each other in different aspects and over time I grew passionate of my Tsahik duty, but I never lost my strength and I never will lose it" she said softly.

"My point is, you don't lose practice. You just meet someone and let your guard down because you feel safe. I'm not dumb, you know? I see the way those kids look at you and how you look at them" mom said.

I got nervous and tried to explain. "It's not what you think! We just-" I tried to talk but got interrupted by her soft laughter.

"Darling I'm not mad, you seem happier whenever you're around them. I'm glad you met some people that make you feel the same way I feel with Kabarish" She said as she hugged me.

"I will train with you, okay darling? Anything for my precious angel" She said softly and I lightly laughed in response.

She was very kind and gentle, she was a big role model for me.