𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 7

Sooner or later though, you always have to wake up.

Y/N POV–

"You're telling me you want to go to the volcano nearby? Why?" I asked while organizing herbs I recently used to treat Lo'ak and Ao'nung.

"We just want to see it, please?" Lo'ak pleaded. "Guys.. you just got in trouble with your parents for fighting, if we go, you have to promise me you won't do anything reckless. I don't need someone dead today" I said sternly.

I saw their faces lit up and they instantly ran off to tell the rest of our friends of our new adventure.

I was nervous, to say the least.

Going to the volcano wasn't necessarily prohibited, but it was pretty dangerous, considering that it was near some wild creatures.

But someone needs to take care of them, and it obviously won't be Atohi or Diwali. So I must look out for them. They don't know the area and I do, it is my duty after all. Help them learn our ways.

Now, we were all walking around the forest, they were asking multiple questions about the land and about the volcano.

"I've heard stories about that volcano, they say that my ancestors promised love to each other there. And if they desired a child, they both threw something of great value into the volcano and Eywa blessed them with a newborn" I told the story with a soft voice, I could feel their eyes on me.

" Other stories are about the legendary Nareena, Biamwi and Stilaria. Those are the three sisters that led the Moon Na'vis to victory during the time of the first songs. They say that the three of them were blessed with a different trait that helped them to obtain victory" I felt a tug on my hand, I looked down to see Tuk smiling. "What were the traits?" she asked, excitement in her voice.

"Well, Nareena was a warrior. They say she had the strenght of 100 Na'vis. Biamwi was a blessing, nature was always on her side and she had a way with words like no one else. And Stilaria was the older sister, she was the first leader our clan had, she believed in justice. They say they all were born in the volcano" I said while looking up and seeing the giant volcano in front of us.

"Well then, we have arrived, you guys can go explore" I said while moving to the side. "What? You're not coming with us?" Rotxo questioned. "It's just.. my people don't have a good sense of time, I'm afraid that eclipse will end soon and.. you know, the sun will harm me" I said with honesty, looking at the sky full of stars.

"We'll keep you safe! Come with us" Tsireya said while grabbing my hands. I let out a sigh and smiled gently. "Okay, I'll go" I said and Tsireya pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back with a soft smile.

Then, we started making our way to the top of the volcano, almost falling multiple times but never really stopping or going back until we finally made it to the top.

The scenery wasn't exactly a sight for sore eyes. It was lava, thick and dangerous. But I must admit, the colors looked incredible during the night, it was such a strong combination of red, orange, yellow and black. And the rush of the feeling of terrible danger right under our feet, it was something I've never felt before.

"Wow.. has it ever gotten out of control?" Kiri asked, looking at the lava in awe. "Maybe during the time of the first songs, but it has never happened around these years. The land is calm and that means the volcano is calm too. They say, once chaos and terrible sorrow attacks our land, the volcano will fight back in order to protect the island" I say with a smile, amazed at he great stories I've been told since I was a child.

"Wait, it will protect the clan?" Lo'ak asked, in disbelief. "Usually, volcanoes just kill everything in their way once they erupt" Lo'ak continued, I looked at him and chuckled lightly.

"You are forgetting that in this land, the heart of Eywa is heard everytime the wind blows. The magic here lives more than in any place" I said while looking at the 3 moons and the stars. "Maybe during the time of the first songs, it attacked our land. But now it'll fight for our people and our home, I know it, I can feel it" I say with a determined smile.

They look at me in awe. I cough, clearly uncomfortable and look away "We should get going, I wouldn't want our parents to notice we're not in the clan" I say while adjusting my head piece.

They all begin to walk down back to the ground, I'm left in the top with Neteyam. "I'll be right behind you, you can go do-" I spoke, but quickly got interrupted as I feel a gentle kiss on my forehead. I look up and see the Omaticaya boy smiling down at me while holding my hands against his chest. "I see you" He said before letting go and walking down the volcano.

I'm left there, stunned. What just happened? Why would he even say that to me? Was that his way of telling me he loves me? I don't know how to react. Should I have said something to him?

These newcomers are making me feel very weird towards my feelings, how am I supposed to approach him after this?