Reilly Smith #18

Your POV

Today the Boston Bruins were hosting a family skate for the team and their families. Today would also be the day that my husband Reilly would teach our 3 year old daughter Ella Rae how to skate.

I woke up with a bit of a migraine and a little nausea in the pit of my stomach due to the fact that the smell drifting in from the kitchen was not pleasant. I walked into the kitchen to find Reilly cooking scrambled eggs and bacon. He hadn't noticed that I had walked into the kitchen so I slowly approached him wrapping my arms around his bare midsection.

"Morning babe" he whispered to me as he turned around and kissed me softly. I mumbled a response and just laid my head on his chest listening to his heartbeat.

"Do you want some breakfast?" He asked as he was fixing a plate. I shook my head and said "No thank Reills, I'm not that hungry" He nodded and set the plate down on the countertop before backing me up against the refrigerator. He rested his head in the crook of my neck kissing it softly making me shiver like the way it was when we first started dating.

I took his face in my hand kissing him softly but urgently at once. His fingers were tangled in my hair as well as mine in his. We were interrupted by the soft pitter patter of feet approaching the kitchen. We looked up to find Ella Rae dressed up in her Smith jersey and black leggings. "We skate today!" She announced as she ran towards us in a frenzy. We laughed and decided it was time to get ready for the skate.

I went upstairs and dressed in a warm sweater, a beanie, and a dark wash pair of jeans. When I came downstairs I saw that Reilly was already dressed and was waiting for me along with Ella Rae. He grabbed the truck keys while I grabbed our daughter buckling her into her car seat. We arrived at TD Garden less than twenty minutes later and he'd towards the Bruins bench to lace up our skates.

"Smitty, I see you brought (Y/N) and Ella Rae! Is (Y/N) going to have to teach Ella Rae how to skate because you looked pretty out of shape the other night?" Marchand asked chuckling as he skated by with his girlfriend (Y/F/N).

"Very funny Brad. Are you ready to skate Elle?" He asked as he placed her down in front of him on the ice. She nodded vigorously as she began to wobble on the ice. I looked on with admiration watching my one true love and my baby girl skate laps around the ice at TD Garden.

"Mommy look mommy look I skate!" I heard Ella Rae squeal from the spot Reilly and her stood. I decided to join them and make my way out to them. I was a little wobbly as well but eventually made it over to them. I grabbed Ella Rae's hand and Reilly grabbed her other. We skated a couple of laps together as a family until Dougie came over and took Ella Rae from us.

Reilly took my hand as we skated peacefully around the arena. I finally decided to break the silence by saying "Riells, I have something to tell you" We stopped skating as he turned to face me. "I-I'm pregnant" I said while looking down at our feet. I felt my chin being lifted up and I saw the tears fill Reilly's eyes. He placed his hand on my flat stomach and whispered to me "We are going to have a little hockey player (Y/N)!" I beamed with joy as Reilly lifted me off the ice and spun me in circles. "Stop Reills!" I screeched as he set he back down on the ice.

Dougie brought Ella Rae back over to us so we could skate together a little longer as a family. Reilly crouched down in front of Ella Rae and exclaimed "Elle, you're going to be a big sister!" She looked back and forth between us for a few minutes until she yelled "BABY!" We smiled down at her and Reilly picked her up to carry her back to the bench so we could remove her skates and get ready for lunch.

As we laid down Ella Rae that night to get some sleep Reilly wrapped his arms around my waist and started singing softly in my ear "You Are My Sunshine". I laid my head back into his chest and looked up at him with eyes of admiration and love admiring the one I was lucky to call my husband of the father of my children.