Patrick Kane #88

Your POV

It was a chilly Wednesday in the windy city and I was sitting on the windowsill reading the book 'What to expect when you're expecting'. About half way into the book I heard the door open and shut followed by footsteps coming toward me. I looked up to see Patrick, my husband walk into the room and sitting beside me on the windowsill.

He looked at me sternly and said "Why are you by the windowsill, it's not good for you or little Kaner" I just shrugged and looked out the window. "What's wrong (Y/N)?" he asked. I just looked at him and said "Did we really think this through? Did we think we were ready to be parents? What if I'm an awful mother? What if I drop-" I was cut off by Patrick soothingly rubbing my back and by him saying

"If anything I will be an awful father. You know how I was before I met you. I was a nobody, I was just a hockey player living off women and booze" I let tears slip down my face and said "I know we can do this if we work together, you will be the best father that has ever walked the face of this earth! I love you so much!" he laughed and said sympathetically "I know your due date is just around the corner and I hate to leave you but I have a week long road trip starting tomorrow. The team left today but I asked if I could leave tomorrow and they understand our circumstances so I leave tomorrow."

I nodded in understanding why he had to go, it was his job. "What are the teams you will be playing?" I asked in curiosity. He smiled and said "We play Nashville tomorrow, Flordia Tuesday, and Carolina Saturday" I nodded and stood heading to the kitchen to make dinner. After we had both eaten our dinner I curled up on the couch beside Patrick while he put the movie 'Miracle' into the DVD player. About halfway through the movie I guess I drifted off to sleep because the next thing I remember was Patrick carrying me up the stairs to our room, kissing me softly, and lying me down on the bed while he dressed for bed.

When I woke up the next morning I saw a good morning text from Patrick that said:

Good morning my sweet babies, my game is scheduled at 2 pm and I just want you o know that you can call me anytime and I will be there in an instant. I hope you and baby Kaner have a wonderful day. Be safe for me. I love you both.

I just smiled and looked over at the lock to see that it was already 1 pm. I went downstairs to find my best friend (Y/F/N) standing over the stove cooking some eggs. I went up behind (Y/F/N) and yelled "BOO!" (Y/F/N) jumped in the air and (his/her) hand flew over (his/her) heart. "You scared the living crap out of me!" (Y/F/N) complained. I laughed saying "I'm sorry I just had to!" As I was eating my breakfast I felt a sharp pain in my stomach but decided to ignore it since I thought it was nothing. The pain kept coming on and it got to the point where I thought that I couldn't breathe.

"(Y/F/N) I don't feel so good-" I said just as I felt that I had peed my pants. I looked down to realize that my water had broke. I looked up at (Y/F/N) with wide eyes telling (him/her) "Call Patrick, the baby is coming!"

Patrick's POV

I wasn't in the zone. The game was tied in the middle of the first period. I couldn't help but think something was wrong. I was watching as Johnny got a breakaway on Pekka Rinne which was stopped by the famous Vezina nominated goalie. When Johnny hopped back on the bench he headed straight for the dressing room saying he had an equipment malfunction and wouldn't be back until the second period. It was time for me to hop off of the bench and as I was trying to swipe away the puck from Nashville's captain Shea Weber looked over to the bench to see Johnny in the tunnel waving his arms back trying to get my attention.

I knew something was up so I quickly swiped the puck away from Weber and iced it. I approached the bench and walked into the tunnel and stopped in front of Johnny questioning him about what he wanted. He simply said "It's (Y/N)" Thats all I needed to hear to sprint to the locker room and remove my gear. I took a taxi to Nashville International Airport and took the next flight to Chicago, which happened to be in 5 minutes. The flight felt like it took days but once it landed I was the first one off of the plane. I took another taxi to the hospital where we had planned for our baby to be born.

Once I arrived at the hospital I asked the nurse at the nurses station to point me in the direction of (Y/N)'s room. Once I made it inside of the room I saw (Y/N) lying in the bed panting heavily but as beautiful as ever. I went over to her to hug her but before I made it to her bedside a doctor rushed in with a nurse saying "She's fully dilated, let's get this baby born" As she was wheeled out of her room into the delivery room I was pushed into a bathroom to change into scrubs so I could be with my wife during the birth. Once I was dressed I entered the delivery room to find her begging the nurses to wait on me. Once I was there she started to push.

Less than five minutes after we had entered the delivery room a handsome baby boy was handed to (Y/N) and me. We stared at our miracle for a while until we both turned to each other asking about a name. We finally decided to name him Tyler Maxon Kane. We also decided to call him Maxon and have Johnny become his godfather. I will never forget that day. It was one of the best days of my life.