Meet Cute?

A/N: Narrative POV
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

¥ I didn't know when we shook hands I sealed a deal wit the devil .. ¥

12 months earlierMay 1 2005

12 months earlier
May 1 2005

Omniscient

The sound of glass breaking jolted De up immediately. Dawn was laying in the bed beside him undisturbed by the clink in the matrix. Easing out of bed he tiptoed to his closet. Standing on tiptoes he fingered the  built in safe and grabbed his pistol. He hoped whoever it was that got in made peace with God, because they'd be going to the upper room in less than ten minutes when he caught they ass. He briefly wondered why his dogs weren't barking up a storm like usual when they hear a sound.

Making it to the archway of the kitchen he took the safety off and peered in to survey his surroundings. Thank God he did because there on the floor was a buzzed Mya talking to herself picking up the shattered pieces of Dom Pérignon and the wine glass she broke. The sound of the safety being put back on had her snapping her head in his direction as she looked at him bashfully.

"Hey baby." She smiled embarrassingly.

He slit his eyes at the source of the disturbance and sighed.. heavily. "Baby, wat we say—"

"Babe I had a long day at school, please don't ruin it by nagging me."

"Naggin? You up at—" He glanced at the time on the stove. "Damn near 1 in da mornin sneakin liquor lik a lil ass kid cuz you kno you wrong."

Mya kissed her teeth throwing the glass shards in the trash, forgetting she brought out the broom and dust pan. "Ain't nobody sneakin nothin. When I got here y'all was sleep so I took my shower and came down for a lil unwind. You always tryna control a narrative."

"Baby I'm just sayin this shit outta love and concern aight? I ain't tryna control you or argue. You my rock I'm tryna be yours My, why you don't get that."

"De it's just wine damn. You acting like I'm at the bar takin shots of Tanqueray and Patron." She whisper yelled trying not get loud and wake up Dawn. They made a point to hide every disagreement from her. Their daughter would never witness an argument or fight between them.

"I jus don't want you gettin comfortable drinkin nightly and it escalates. It's one thing wen it's here and there at an event, but we both recovering addicts. You playin wit fire ma."

Mya scoffs at him feeling all the way offended. "I can control my liquor okay. The over concern is not needed. You being paranoid again. I don't say shit bout you smokin your cigars or weed."