Under His Skin..

¥ Something changed that day.. we both felt it. I could tell by his eyes.. it's always in his eyes..¥

11 months earlierJune 8 2005

11 months earlier
June 8 2005

11 months earlierJune 8 2005

"BP I still wanna collab wit you, ima still help you and Dal up hurr at the school, and we still boys

"BP I still wanna collab wit you, ima still help you and Dal up hurr at the school, and we still boys. I was outvoted. You know I'm down wit you breh I owe my career to you.. we all do.. it's just them niggas wanna try this shit out wit Timb—"

"Pumba lookin ass mothafucka." DeVante scoffed. "Smoke and Black sent you down hea to do the dirty work huh?" He exhaled the smoke that had been encircling his lungs, blowing out his disbelief.

He heard the words that came from his mouth, but his mind was refusing to digest them. This was so unbelievable he wanted to laugh, but the shit wasn't funny. It's like his day was going from bad to worst as the morning progressed on. First he got a call from the label head of JMG— Mr. Jackson, about the progress of Jodeci's anniversary compilation among his other projects he was juggling. In short he was told he needed to hurry up his process which had him ready to say fuck it all. He hated being rushed and interference with his flow. Now he had to deal with the bomb his best friend just dropped on him.

He was completely blindsided by this news. He thought after the departure of the first set of traitors he wouldn't have to feel this type of pain again. Not from Playa.. not from Static. Every time one of his artists, his friends.. hell some he considered family —like Stat, left it felt worse than a breakup to him. It felt like death because he mourned ..he was still mourning. On top of that heartache, losing them made him feel like a failure.