5. Canterlot Mall "Fun"

I knew things were going too well, Moondancer thought to herself as she made her way through the hallways of Crystal Prep. Things could be alright, though. She would just give Indigo's homework to her, and hope that she didn't ever have to deal with it again. However, she knew that was unlikely. As Moondancer opened her locker to get her things, she noticed Sugarcoat was doing the same a few lockers down. She smiled to herself. Maybe Sunny and Sour hadn't tried hard enough, and Sugarcoat was just waiting for someone to reach out, much like Moondancer used to.

Moondancer approached Sugarcoat nervously. She started for a moment, then Sugarcoat noticed her and made eye contact. "Um, hi." Moondancer greeted her.

"Is there something you needed?" Sugarcoat asked. "I'm busy at the moment getting ready for class."

"Just wanted to say hi," Moondancer said. At least she had gotten an answer. "See how you're doing. But maybe it's not the best time."

"It's obviously not," Sugarcoat replied as she closed her locker. "And it's never going to be. I have my days planned very well and I don't have time for nonsensical chatter."

"Understood," Moondancer nodded. "Well, let me know if you want someone to talk to. I'm here, Moondancer." Sugarcoat didn't say anything in response, just walking away. Moondancer sighed, then walked around the corner to get to her class. She stopped when she saw Indigo Zap walk up to her. Oh, great. Moondancer thought. At least there are other people around today. She can't keep me for long.

"Hey, give over," Indigo whispered. Moondancer fumbled around in her bag for the papers and after making sure no one was looking, she handed Indigo the papers. Indigo grinned and looked down at the homework.

"You're welcome," Moondancer said sarcastically.

"Huh?" Indigo asked as she looked up. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Never mind," Moondancer said. "I was awake late you know, but it's all done correctly."

"Better be," Indigo replied. "I'm sure you've got nothing better to do with your free time anyway." She laughed. "See you after class, I'll give you the next round." And with that, Indigo walked past her. Moondancer stood there in disbelief. Indigo was going to keep using her?! She debated telling someone, but if they didn't believe her, and Indigo somehow found out...Moondancer would probably end up regretting it.

She sighed and looked around for Sunny and Sour, walking to the first class. She opened her phone on the way and noticed a message from Sunny earlier that morning.

Moondancer deary, we're going to the mall this afternoon, would love for you to join us! – Sunny Flare

Moondancer smiled. She should have some time to stop by.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~

The Canterlot mall was not too busy that afternoon. Sunny, Sour, and Moondancer walked through slowly, looking at all the shops. They were still in their uniforms, as they had gone directly from school. Sunny had a rather large bag from her favourite shop, Fashion Forward. Sour Sweet had a couple small bags from the make-up shop. Moondancer hadn't found anything of her interest yet, as she wasn't a big shopper. Unless there was a book store.

"You don't shop much, I take it?" Sunny asked as they continued walking.

"No, not really my thing," Moondancer replied. "But I do like to hang out with my friends."

"Aww," Sunny clasped her hands. "That's so nice."

"So, gotta mention something," Sour Sweet started, looking at Moondancer. "I saw you talking to Sugarcoat today, how'd that go for you?"