Chapter 11: "You're Not Betrothed Yet"

Rani was in the tree, making sure Kion was still ok. Which he was, but his stomach was still ripped open.

"How does your stomach feel?" Rani asked. Kion opened an eye, "It's fine." "You don't feel any pain?" Rani asked. Kion shook his head. "Well just to be sure," Rani gently rolled Kion onto his back, and took off the cobwebs.

"It's not bleeding, so you haven't opened it up again," Rani explained. Kion sighed in relief. "Let me put fresh cobwebs on. We don't want to risk any chances." Rani grabbed some cobwebs. "Looks like we're low on cobwebs. I'll get some more after this," Rani said.

Rani leaned over Kion, and wrapped the cobwebs around him. When she was just inches from his face, Kion leaned forward, and kissed her.

They held it for a minute, and Rani didn't know what to do. Eventually, they pulled apart.

"K-Kion? Why did you do that? You know I'm being betrothed," Rani asked. "Well you're not betrothed yet. Also, I couldn't help myself," Kion replied.

Rani shook her head with a chuckle, "Alright, let me finish this so you don't get another infection." Kion lay still, but Rani could tell he was staring at her.

"Why are you staring at me?" Rani asked. "You're to beautiful not to look at," Kion smirked. "Oh I see. You're injured, yet you're trying to hit on me," Rani chuckled. "Can't stop me from doing it. You don't have a mate yet," Kion smirked again.

Rani just smiled at him. She finished with the cobwebs, and put the rest away. "We are low on cobwebs. I'm going to go get some more," Rani started to walk out.

"If you try to get more beautiful, just letting you know, you have all the beauty in the world," Kion smirked. Rani looked behind, and chuckled. She walked out.

On her way out, Rani bumped into Sahasi. "Hi dad," Rani smiled. "Rani, the next competition is starting. You need to be there!" Sahasi shouted.

"But what about Kion? And I need more cobwebs!" Rani argued. "After. You need to be there to watch," Sahasi explained. "What good is watching going to do! Besides. I don't care if any of them win or not," Rani growled.

"You are coming!" Sahasi herded his daughter to the competition. Rani rolled her eyes when it was who can swim the fastest.

Rani groaned when Zin won again. "Ok can I go heal Kion now!" Rani asked. "No, you need to show appreciation to Zin," Sahasi replied. "What?" Rani asked confused. "You need to lick his cheek," Sahasi explained.

"Eww gross!" Rani scrunched up her face in disgust. "Fine don't heal Kion then," Sahasi shrugged. Rani grumbled and walked to Zin.

Zin smirked at her. Rani rolled her eyes and licked his cheek. She walked away before he could react.

Rani looked for an old tree, and grabbed some cobwebs from it. She carried them back to Kion.

"Feeling better?" Rani asked as she took care of the cobwebs. "After that kiss, I feel great," Kion stretched. Rani chuckled, "I hardly doubt that can heal you." "Well to me, it feels like it did," Kion replied.

Rani shook her head and smiled. "Why don't we, do it again," Kion smirked. Rani turned around to face him, "Kion, you can't keep asking that. I'm being betrothed. You know that as much as anyone."

"C'mon, help a lion out," Kion smirked again. Rani chuckled, "Alright fine."

Rani kissed Kion again, and Kion looked like he was very much enjoying it. Rani pulled away, and went back to organizing herbs.