𝘴𝘪𝘹

𝐋𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐨 𝐏𝐨𝐯

𝐋𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐨 𝐏𝐨𝐯

A knock landed roughly on my door, "What?" My voice tried, that soft tone did wonders with Imani yet it was draining. I was bound to get some ghastly headache.

The door flung open, telling me it was my best friend. Antonio. "Someone doesn't sound too excited to see me." I scowled looking over his shoulder and noticing my other best friend. Andrés. "Who would be?"

"Oh-"

"Why do I owe the...pleasure to see you?" He pulled the two leather chairs, sitting himself down with a comedic look on his face. "I just happened to walk past an absolute gem on my way here. Anything to update us on?"

Rolling my eyes, I closed my laptop knowing they were not going to crawl out of my ass without an answer. "Her name is Ebony, not Gem. Sono felice di annunciare che anche mia figlia risiede qui, quindi per favore astenetevi dal dire parolacce, parlare di sesso." My eyes darted to Andrés knowing he loves talking about his weird fantasies.

(I am happy to announce that my daughter also resides here, so please refrain from swearing, talking about sex.)

"And talking about missions."

I received no words just open mouths, shocked with what I had just said. "Mr Fuck Off finally got a girlfriend." Antonio leaned forward shock evident through his face, "It's not even the girlfriend. A daughter?!"

"She not my girlfriend, and yes. A daughter."

"Well let me know the tips on how to hide that for nine months. Wow." I sipped my drink sadness filling me whilst he spoke. It hadn't been nine months, it had been three years. "Now fuck off, I have work."

They shared a look before bursting out laughing at my sudden news, they had just come over for dinner and I was already telling them this. I could've picked a better time; there's no time like the present.

The sound of the Ebony hardwood chair legs scraping across the floor made my eyes cry, yet my heart sank hearing a large shout from one of the guest rooms.

"Go away!"

Immediately getting up, the three of us sped towards the room the ruckus was coming from. I saw Ebony pushing- "Ma? What is going on?"

Ebony shut the door on my mother, Gabriela. Crying could be heard from the other side, however, my mother didn't seem too happy.

She seemed annoyed. "Cosa sta succedendo?" (What is happening?)

"I was just attacked and you're not shooting?" She pushed me in my chest, before drowing out the sound of whimpers with her tangent about loyalty and shooting and asking questions later.

"Okay, Okay. Tony can you deal with her." I groaned, she killed off the rest of my patience and her rant became a distant noise.

Pushing open the door, I saw Ebony trying to calm down a bawling Imani. "I know, I know. I'm sorry."