𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

𝐄𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐯

𝐄𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐯

Sighing, I rest my bare elbow on my desk. When suddenly I heard a voice outside my door, it was strange no one ever comes near my door without a valid reason.

"Hungry, please?" I sighed, knowing that I couldn't stop her from eating a comforting breakfast downstairs. Leonardo already told me I could take some food upstairs, yet Imani was full of energy and I didn't need nor want to ruin the sheets with her messy eating.

"Okay, let Mumma just get her slippers on." She nodded, rummaging around in her pile of stuffed cartoon characters, animals and Disney princesses. I wonder how much that all cost.

Sliding the plush slippers on, Imani had settled on the Mulan one. "You ready?" She nodded, holding her hands high whilst wanting to be in my arms and comfort.

Resting her on my waist, we headed down the steps to be met with a group of well-dressed men all in a bustling conversation. "Excuse me." I tread over their feet, walking through the sea of black suits.

"Sorry, Ebony can I have a word." Looking to my right I saw Esme, the lady from yesterday who had a horrified look on her face.

Nodding, Imani was content playing with Mulan on my waist. Blabaling to herself about their battle coming up, don't ask me.

"I would just like to apologize for yesterday. I don't know where that topping came from; I don't want you to feel as if I plotted it there on purpose."

The elder woman spoke politely, her voice filled with deep regret for something I already knew she didn't do. It was clear that Gabriela was crazy, trying to hit my child, and then get me in trouble saying I would poison her son.

Now, I am pissed that I've been taken, however, Leonardo isn't half bad and his telling me all the things he did yesterday made me understand that she wasn't a stable figure. He told me stories of her causing chaos around the house, clawing their father- who I'm yet to meet- over small things.

Him not fold her jeans in the 'correct' way, he left the food on the counter after she asked for it to be left out for her to eat later. "Don't worry, thanks for making such a nice-looking meal. I'm upset I didn't get to try it."

"Thanks, sweetie, I laid some breakfast out on the table, if the little one wants anything specific let me know." I nodded sending a warm smile her way, I pushed the double doors that led me into the large dining room.

The room glistened in the sunlight, the glass doors framed the room perfectly. "Morning."

A lady with long brown hair and a cheery smile on her face greeted me kindly as I entered. "I'm Cassie, Guiseppe's Fianceé. I am very excited that you're here!" Her happiness was infectious, and she had a certain glow about her that was beautiful.

At least she's excited I'm here.

"Nice to meet you, thanks." Sitting down I sat Imani on my lap, she immediately started grabbing the seemingly homemade pastries. Handing me one- more like shoving it in my mouth, the croissant tastes heavenly. A huge difference from the Tesco bakery ones.