𝘰𝘯𝘦

𝐄𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐨𝐯

𝐄𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐨𝐯

"It's time for bed. I don't need another noise complaint, Mani." I sighed as I tried to get my stubborn toddler to stop watching her movie- Frozen the one she has watched at least, seventy-seven times.

"Hmm," She tapped her chin, making me think she was going to pick my preferred option for a long night like this, No!" This child, "Imani."

She dropped down from the sofa and shook her head an innocent smile on her face, I chuckled watching her frown grow bigger; and bigger as she realized that she was losing her battle.

Pointing towards her door, she made an unforgettable face. One of misery and as if she was plotting something evil in her little brain.

"Seriously, bedtime." She sighed stomping to her room, "Mani!" My voice came after a loud groan, I don't want nor need the landlord complaining once again about noise and disruption.

The last time there was a complaint it was because supposedly we had been too loud whilst hosting her 3rd Birthday's sleepover.

I got her changed into her pajamas, making sure she would be warm enough for bed. The room can get cold, and I don't want her freezing to death during her most peaceful state.

Yet sometimes she wakes up and just takes her clothes off, which was one of my biggest problems when she was a baby, the best escape artist ever. I was also so paranoid, even though that feeling has slightly drifted. I still get anxious that she has run off somewhere in the night.

Prolonged perks of having an escape artist for a baby.

I wandered off to the bathroom after turning off the TV, I cannot afford to leave it on all night. I am barely able to afford this, thank the Lord for that position at Tesco.

Wandering off to the restroom, I switched the power off for the TV. I thought, knowing I simply can't afford to keep it on overnight. The whole device needs to be off, my job at Tesco is great but not that great.

Walking in I saw her on the stool bouncing on her heels, waiting for me. I didn't want her to gag on the toothpaste, so I just watched her and taught her how to brush her teeth better each time.

She begged for this strawberry-flavoured toothpaste and I said yes, seeing it as a chance to make her more excited for bedtime plus it doesn't take away any health benefits from the toothpaste.

"Mani, you got to brush the back as well." She pouted taking the Spider-Man suction toothbrush out of her small mouth and shoving it towards me, "You want me to do it?" She nodded a small smile with her mouth full of foam, I took it in my hand and brushed the back telling her what to do at every motion.

"Alright spit it out." You aren't supposed to wash your mouth out with water or mouthwash right after, and I doubt she has the energy to stay awake for at least ten more minutes.