🦊

❝𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗻 𝗵𝗮𝘀 𝘀𝗲𝘁, 𝗻𝗼 𝗰𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗹𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗶𝘁.❞

Kayla:
Oh, sh#t. What is this? A new book? Oh well... I couldn't help myself. This story was resting on my drafts for quite a while now. Wanted to share it with you all. Btw I did the drawing on top~

Amy's voice echoes inside the white walls of the hospital room, "Sonic!"

His ear twitched signalling he catch her words but he didn't give any effort to move an inch. Taking a deep breath he finally giving in to an answer to the pink hedgehog calling out to him for who knows how long."It's been a whole month today. Doctors said people who sleep for more than a few weeks have less chance of waking up." His voice somber but soft.

He stayed in that frozen state, his eyes connected in one spot on the ground, like everything would fall apart if he even blinked once. He heard the steps getting closer.

"Sonic." Amy's eyes soften up but her voice still stern, wanting to get Sonic out of whatever state he was stuck in. Being still and quite definitely not like him.

Sonic hums and slowly raises his head towards the pink hedgehog, not blinking, seems like still in a space out state.

Noticing her frown he quickly uttered out, finding it to be his fault she was upset, "Sorry didn't mean to let it all on you. What's up?"

Amy's frown deepened. Seeing her gloomy behavior he chuckles tiredly; taking his eyes off her, he scratched his neck numbly, "Hey, Don't sweat it Ames. I'm fine." Not giving any thoughts about what he worded. He looks back at the slowly withering flowers and all the get well soon cards on the stand next to the bed.

His ear twitches with Amy's sigh, "I'm worried about you, as much as I'm worried about him, Sonic." Amy stood where she is like a rose, rigid and full of prickly, but always bringing a beautiful sight and pleasant aura with her. Her emerald green eyes shining with worry as they observed the exhausted cobalt blue hedgehog.

Approaching towards the blue blur, she walked past the amber fox sleeping on the bed, his fur shining golden under the soft rays of sunshine. A lot of bandages covering that beautiful golden color of his. His sky-blue eyes had been hiding behind his eyelids for a long time, like the moon passing in front of the sun during a solar eclipse. His features looked serene despite his condition.

"You are spending most of your time with Tails..." she took a deep breath, pausing as Sonic slowly lift his head to give her a side glance, noticing the pain hiding in his forest green eyes. "It's also breaks my heart but... while you spending all your time here, Eggman never stops to take a break. The Resistance needs you. We need you. I need you." She swallowed and tightly close her eyes but continue with a serious voice, "He's safe here, but citizens are in danger. Our people in danger, while Eggman works on something worse everyday in his base, his bots creating havoc, me and others--" She abruptly stops herself when the azure hedgehog stands up gritting his teeth, "I know that." He tighten his fists.