#2

❝𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗳𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀

❝𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗳𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀. 𝗦𝗮𝗱𝗹𝘆, 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗳𝗲𝗮𝗿.❞

Tails shouted as loud as his lungs would allow him, raising the green emerald in his hands, "CHAOS CONTROL!!!"

He coughed between the dark cloud around him, "Chaos Control!!"

"C-Chaos C-Control!" he shouted once more through his harsh coughs.

He wheezed out, "Chaos Control... Come on now come on! Work! Why don't you work? Sonic, Shadow and Silver can use you. Why not me? Please... I know I'm not worthy... but please, just this once. There's nowhere I can go or hide. I know I will die here. But at least help the kid inside, please. Please. If I don't return to the ship, many people could be highly injured or dead. Y/n won't leave without me. I know this. I-I... At least protect them. Take my life and help them. I don't have much time." He choked between his tears, "I'm begging you, whoever can hear me... please don't let anyone get hurt... Chaos... help her..." His ear twitched with a loud cracking voice and looked up, his eyes widened when he saw a column tear away from its place and fall towards him. He gave a shaky breath and tightly hugged the emerald, closing his eyes, resigned to his fate.

When you opened your eyes, you found yourself in a field full of beautiful flowers. You hesitate but start walking through them. Your mind was fuzzy. It was as if you weighed nothing at all. Your body moved through the grass as if it was moving on its own. The petals of the flowers felt so real on your body. You roamed around aimlessly. And then... you stopped. Your eyes were locked on his figure. You remembered instantly. There, there was the person you were looking for. He was lying in the flower garden.

Taking a deep shaky breath, you feel your body start to move again. You froze when you realized that you were near his side. Against the will of your trembling knees, you kneel on the grass. Your eyes never leave his peacull form. Afraid if you blink once he would disappear. Would he wake up this time?

The sweet words spilling from his soft lips were enough to get you back to your senses, "Y/n. You're here." You were here. Your eyes wells up with tears. You didn't know where 'here' was, but you didn't care either way. "You come back... thank you." Your tears were wetting his cheeks. You were with him once again. And that was all that mattered. "I am here." The words spilled from your lips so easily even though your throat tied with the pain you felt.

Hesitate, you reach for his hand, wanting to feel, wanting to know he was actually there, "And I'll never let go again."

He glances at your eyes, his sky blue eyes getting cloudy, and soon.... his lips curled into a frown as if he noticed something, "Ah... you find me... Leaving them all behind... Did the deaths of all those people satisfy you too?" The colorful flowers around you start to turn red, rotting away and burning, the sky turns darker shades of red. He let your hand go. His eyes closed. His body is going limp. Your breath quickened, you picked him up with your shaky hands and called his name, shaking him, "No no no no! Wake up!! Tails!! No! Don't leave me again! Please!!" You begged in agony tightly hugging his bloody form. Your clothes were stained with his blood as you sobbed loudly.