#1

❝𝗔 𝘄𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗮𝗹 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲

❝𝗔 𝘄𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗮𝗹 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲.❞

Charmy continued to read the book in his hands out loud. It was obvious that he was becoming increasingly sleepy but determined to finish it. Vector was nowhere to be seen and Espio laid on the couch listening to him.

He opened his eyes with a familiar feminine voice, "You know reading that book won't wake him up, right? You love that book. It's your favorite and it's in your memories, not his. He needs something to connect with."

He looked at her like now he understood, "Ohhhh.... So that's what doctors meant. Do you know his favorite book?"

She shrugged, "It's probably something boring, one of those thick books about science, biology or technology."

Chamry lit up, "Where can I find one?"

She raised a brow, "You really gonna read all that to him? Hun, you're gonna make yourself fall asleep in a minute."

Charmy gets up and points a finger, "Deal. You'll see, I'll read the whole book for Tails without getting bored! Now where can I find one?"

Rouge was actually enjoying this, "Well, why don't you ask Y/n? I'm sure she knows better."

She smirked when Charmy jumped off and flew out of the room in a flash.

Espio got up with a gruff voice, he rubbed his eyes, "What are you doing here, Rouge?"

Rouge slowly glanced towards the fox, "I just came to see his condition."

"Simple. Neither good nor bad."

"He looks.... peaceful." Espio detect sorrow in her voice. He knew Rouge meant something else. And she did voice it too, "Honestly.... I expected a bit more.... wild sight but... he looks the same."

Espio glanced away in deep thougths, he finally took a deep breath and speak up, "When we first saw him... I guess you can say that he was unrecognizable. And Y/n saw the form he was in. Now we can never convince her to come see him. Instead, we collect her exhausted body from the doorsteps."

Rouge bit her bottom lip, "It's that bad, huh? I guess it's understandable."

Espio chuckled bitterly, "Which one? Tails or Y/n?"

"Both."

Rouge leaned on the wall next to the window, glancing out with a sigh. She paused, "Huh... He really managed to get her inside."

Espio smiled at that, "Could you blame her? Who could say no to Cream or Charmy? They are insistent and endearing."

"Looks like they'll both be hanging around the library for a while."

Espio opened his mouth with a question he meant to ask for a long time, "Where is Shadow? I saw you were in the hospital that day along with Omega which is highly surprising but the more surprising and confusing part is you didn't stay for long and I never saw Shadow once. Don't get me wrong that's impressive for you to stay that long along with Omega." He paused and continued, "I meant that's so like him to not wanting to come but... I'm sure he heard both Tails and Y/n were highly injured that day--"