Chapter 26

Notes: This chapter was mostly written and had quite a few notes for it, thus it was easy for me to finish it. Figured I should post it instead of keeping it in a word doc forever. Honestly, I do not remember at all where I was going with this or what my plans are bar a couple of scenes and a general ending. I moved three times last year for uni and everything's very hectic but I've started re-watching Once and now I have the brain worm for this fic. I've reread everything to try and get a feel for the story, I hope this isn't too jarring for anyone. I don;t know what I want to do with this, but I would like to try and finish it up in some satisfying way.

Also, there seems to be a chapter missing after chapter 14. I checked on Wattpad and it jumps from 14 to 16 yet these both have the same amount of parts here. I'm very confused but will fix it somehow. I couldn't find it on any of my backups, but I remember writing it pretty clearly bc I was upset with how short it was, but since it was effective, I left it as-is. If anyone has a backup of it, please reach out.

~~~

Robin stared at the contact on his phone. They had been in New York for a few days now and had not heard much from the girl. Not surprising. Though to be fair, he had not tried to reach out.

Hey, would you like to get supper sometime? He wrote. Then deleted it. Wad that casual? Too formal?

How are you?

No.

Are you having a good time?

He already knew the answer to that.

Guten Morgan. Wie geht es Ihnen?

She might like that. He triple-checked the language before pressing send.

Sitting cross-legged on the bed, he stared at his phone. Was she up yet? Was she out? He should know where she is, shouldn't he? His wife was in the shower, leaving him alone with this non-magical communication device. It was more instant than a messenger bird, yet it felt like forever.

After a half hour, his phone buzzed. A long text, all in German. It started with "es läuft gut, danke!" and after that, he could not decipher much more than a few words.

Was she being mean?

His phone buzzed again.

Oops, sorry.

I'm doing well!

In the future text me in the language you want me to respond in.

Robin sighed in relief. Did she seem mad?

No, she did not.

I was hoping we could do something together, he started, then deleted.

Too strong.

What are you doing today?

And send.

Tapping his thumbs, he waited for a reply.

Matinée show, then we're signing at the children's hospital.

The shower stopped and Regina soon came out.

"Something wrong?" she asked.

"No," he replied. "I'm texting Morgan."

"Oh!" she exclaimed. She sat behind him, resting her neck on his shoulder and reading over the conversation.

"Ask her out for supper," Regina suggested.

Robin shook his head.

"She's busy."