Chapter 10

n/a: this got deleted, not sure what happened but it was gone...

Robin started supper. They weren't sure when Morrighan would be back, but they'd keep something for her.

Regina went up to their bedroom. She pulled out her laptop and sprawled out on the bed, starting to reply to emails. She got through big chunk before her focus waved and she opened Chrome. She went to YouTube. To Morrighan's channel.

It's not cheating, she reassured herself. This stuff was public. Maybe Morrighan wanted them to see it.

She went over to the playlists. There were a bunch of them. One for book reviews, circus acts, videos in other languages, and song covers. Then she saw the ones for Vlogs and Wicked BTS, whatever that meant.

She clicked on the vlogs, sorted them by most recent. It was from around a year ago.

Regina put in her earphones and started sifting through the videos. Ones from around a year ago were sparse, most of them in Califonia. There were a few from New York. Stuff from a year and a half ago started to bleed into circus life, and soon morphed into long travel videos in multiple languages. Luckily, they were all subtitled. She watched as Morrighan took her around Europe with the Starlight, going to museums, art galleries, and small coffee and book shops. She walked around gorgeous streets with Zelena, the two of them joking and beaming. Her stepfather was heavily featured too, although she called him her father. Her younger siblings less so. It seems that two of them were adopted, for they look nothing like Zelena and her husband, while the youngest, an infant in the videos, must have been theirs.

She also noted that sometime just under two years ago, she'd dyed her hair black and gotten long hair extensions. Her current reverse ombre shoulderblade length cut seemed to be a result of that.

It seemed wrong, how simply Regina could sift through the videos and get a glimpse of her life. But it was only a glimpse. When she went to recent videos, none of them were personal. They were reviews, games, or storytimes about the circus. They were removed, yet they weren't. At least, they did not feel removed. They somehow still exhumed the same chaotic random energy that seemed to come with driving across Europe for one's entire life. It was a completely different side of Morrighan she'd never seen before.

Regina went back to playlists and clicked the Wicked one.

The smell of Robin's cooking began to float into the room.

The first video was basically a vlog. It was of her and her friends, Country and Anthony. It started off as a normal travel vlog, but quickly became a fast mess of rehearsals and random shopping trips. There was a deliberate chaoticness to it. There were a few more videos in the same vein, but Regina skipped them.

The next one was entitled "Becoming Elphaba" and it was timelapse of someone applying green makeup to her face. It would stop here and there as people came to talk to her, or she said something interesting, but overall it was a quick interesting video until the end. Someone was filming her as she walked out of the theatre into the street and just stood there, seeing how people reacted. Then she went over the entrance of the Gershwin, posing and making jokes with the posters of her face. Regina got none of them

"What are you doing," Robin asked. She had not heard him come up.

"I cracked," she admitted. "I've been watching Morrighan videos."

Robin came up and laid down beside her, warping an arm around her shoulder.

"You don't have to fix this for me," he said.

"It doesn't change the fact that I broke it," she muttered.

Robin turned her face so that his eyes were burning hers. "You did not," he said with conviction. "We both have to fix it. Together."