Chapter 11

As we pulled up to school I could feel everyone's eyes on me and Emmett as we walked hand in hand towards the school. Most were surprised or shocked but as we passed my group of friends I couldn't help not missing the proud looks Angela and Tyler were giving me.

“What the shit?” Mike mumbled as Jessica scoffed and walked away. I ignored her but I waved at Tyler with my free hand. He chuckled and gave me a thumbs up as we walked into the school towards the cafeteria.

“School hasn’t already started and you two are already the talk of the school” Edward said as we sat down at their usual table. I just shook my head not liking the attention that much. The attention I was given after my parents died finally died down and now something else happened that gave them a reason to talk.

“Don't worry they'll get used to it and all the commotion will stop” Alice smiled as she held Jasper's hand. I nodded then turned to the guy I think I could now consider my best friend.

“But one thing to talk about is this..” I said to Edward. “You gonna talk to Bella?”

Edward filled his hands together on the table and shrugged. “I wouldn't,” Damon said, butting in. Rosalie nudged him despite agreeing with him. She didn’t want anyone insulting my family.

I shrugged. “You know you dont half to edward…I know you’ll make the right decision”

Edward nodded and stood up. “We should get to geomercy, by guys” Edward said and left to Mr. Booth’s math class with me in tow,

🔺🔸🔻🔸🔺🔸🔻🔸🔺

After school I decided to hang out with Bella. I was laying on the hood of her truck waiting for Emmett to get out of the school. “What do you know about the Cullens? You hang out with them”

“not much, I just recently started talking to them” I said watching the slushy snow hit my sunglasses. I hopped off the hood and saw Bella eyeing Edward. “You like him, don't you?”

“yeah-no! Maybe.. I don't know” she stuttered and started gripping the zipper of her coat. I chuckled. "well let me know when you get your priorities straight"

Bella rolled her eyes. “Emmett Cullen is eyeing you” I looked over and smiled at him. He was now sitting on the hood of Stefan's red Porsche with a smirk on his face. I shook my head as Stefan pushed him off this car.

I was about to walk over to him but I heard the sound of tires screeching. My eyes widened as I saw Tyler's van coming for me and Bella. Bella grabbed me trying to hide behind me. I froze in my place and body jolted with fear as old flashbacks hit my mind. I covered my face with my fear of cars hitting me like a freight train.

I squeezed my eyes shut preparing for impact. I didn’t feel the van, just the impact of Emmett’s chest as he shielded me. The sounds of the van crashing into Bella’s truck and Emmetts fist made me shake like a leaf in his arms. I let out a sod as I moved closer to his chest despite the growing pain in my wrist.

"What hurts? Are you okay?" Emmett asked. I was shaking in his arms as tears slid down my cheek. I was convinced I was dying but the cold hand I grew to love cupped my cheek and lifted my face up.

He looked me in the eyes. “It's okay, you're okay. I got you” he whispered.  I shook my head as his arms pulled me tighter. He looked down and sighed with relief as he carefully picked me up. As he did, half of the student body swarmed the crash sight.

“Are you okay?” Angela asked us to race over to us. I nodded as Emmett helped keep me steady. “Im f-fine” I said, still slightly shaken up. It then clicked that someone else was probably hurt.