Chapter 14

It was around 5:00 by the time I got home from the field trip. It was fairly quiet except for the flat screen playing Phinis and Ferb. I chuckled as Owen stared intently at the screen as I closed the front door, the sound of the door shutting made Owen look up from the screenscreen. “Hey, how was the field trip?”

“it was boring honestly” I said setting down on the couch next to him. Owen hummed a response and continued to consentrat on the screen that was playing his favorite cartoon.

“how was your day?” I asked.

“same old, same old” he mumbles.

Are conversation was long and it fell into comfortable silence as we watched cartoons intill around six. The show had ended so I decided to go up stairs to finish some homework before dinner.

🔺▪️🔻▪️🔺▪️🔻▪️🔺

I went upstairs to do my homework and as I latched the door my phone buzzed, signaling me that Sam was calling.

“Can you come over to Billy's tonight? The elders are having second thoughts on what to do with the treaty” Sam said, making me feel sick to my stomach.

“w-what's the matter?” I asked softly.
Sam sighed on the other end. “nothing bad I'm hoping, but they didn't like how me and Carlisle handled it last week”

I sighed and plopped down on my bed. “So another word they're gonna say we can't see each other” I said, getting frustrated.

“no, no, nothing like that,” Sam quickly said. “Billy and Harry are just pissed we handled it without consulting with them...you and Carlisle need to be at the meeting”

I sighed, rubbing my forehead in frustration. I was nervous about what they're final decision would be. “okay... I'll be there in five”

I hung up the phone and jogged down the stairs and was about to head out the door when Uncle Charlie stopped me. “Hey, hey, slow your roll”

I stopped and walked back into the kitchen where Bella was cooking and Charlie was working on paperwork. I sighed and leaned on the entire way of the kitchen.

“I'm going to Billy's for dinner... Jake and Sam invited me” I said slowly. I hated lying to him, but it was the only way to keep him safe from our world.

Charlie sighed. “okay that's fine, but you just don't leave the house without any explanation”

I nodded knowing I deserved that. With the vampire running around killing people he had  become a nervous wreck everytime one of us left the house on my dad's motorcycle.

🔺▪️🔻▪️🔺▪️🔻▪️🔺

It was nightfall when I made it to Billy's house. Just as I turned off the engine of my dad's motorcycle, Dr. Cullen drove up in Emmett's jeep.

“Hey, beautiful,” Emmett said, smiling as he engulfed me in a hug. A smile was immediately plastered on my face as I wrapped my arms around him. I then turned to Dr. Cullen giving him a small wave.

“Hey, Dr. Cullen”

“hello, y/n nice to see you again” he showed me a warm smile as the three of us walked up the ramp that led to the front door.

“There you guys are, come in,” Sam said suddenly. I looked up and he was standing at the front door.

“hi, Dr. Cullen” Sam said and shook his hand, trying to be civil. Dr. Cullen smiled and greeted him back. Sam nodded towards Emmett not really acknowledging him.
Emmett rolled his eyes and laced his fingers with mine as we entered the home.