||Chapter 13||

Dark Desires | Chapter 13

"Ugh." I groan while sitting up, the sunlight is pouring through Ashley's window giving me a headache. I look over to see Ashley still asleep, she'll more than likely have a huge hangover from last night.

"Ash." I whisper softly while poking the side of her face. A smile dances across my lips as I watch her groan, pulling the covers over her head. "Ashley, we have to get to school." I say louder while trying to pull the cover's off her body.

"Aelin I swear to god, let me sleep." She groans again, her hold on the covers tightening so I can't pull them off her.

"But school... I have to see Emma, I have to talk to her and I can't do that without your help." I say while rolling her over and straddling her hips so I can get a better grasp of the covers.

"You can do it on your own. Don't be such a baby." She says as I pull the cover's off her head.

"I'm not being a baby." I say while folding my arms, Ashley rolls her eyes while placing her hands on my hips and picking me up like I weigh nothing, and sitting me beside her.

"How am I supposed to help you? If you really love her you just have to grow some balls and get over your fear of abandonment." Ashley remarks while standing up.

"It's not that simple" I mutter, watching Ashley get ready.

"How so?" Ashley asks, turning towards me, and folding her arms. I pause for a second.

"What if she cheats or cheated?" I say quietly, my chest tightening at the thought.

"Okay, But what if she didn't and what if she won't?" Ashley tries to reassure me.

"But Emma kicked me out. What if she doesn't want to be with me anymore?"

"Aelin," Ashley pauses, looking over to me. "I know you're scared. But love is a risk, are you willing to take it is the real question." Ashley states looking back into the mirror while grabbing her toothbrush. "But also keep in mind she's not in the best place mentally, just ease into it." she says toothpaste almost falling out of her mouth

"Ok... But I need to make sure we're still ok after what I did last night?" I say, looking up at Ashley who has a warm smile plastered on her toothpaste covered lips. She spits and rinses her mouth.

"If you want you can borrow some of my clothes." She says while standing up. I almost forgot I have to get dressed too.

"You do know that your jeans don't fit me? You're shorter than me."